No announcement yet.

MoveOn.org Abuses its' Workers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoveOn.org Abuses its' Workers

MoveOn.org hates WalMart because it is not union--hence a bad employer.

How does MoveOn treat their employees?

"Though she had no organizing background, she applied for and was hired as an assistant canvassing director for MoveOn.org, the national progressive group that advocates for things like affordable health care and a living wage. But as Badami would soon discover, her new job would deny her the very same ideals that she was canvassing for.

Helping to manage the San Francisco canvassing office for MoveOn, Badami worked seven days a week, from 7:30 in the morning to 11 at night. For each 105-hour week clocked, she took home roughly $375. That amounted to a little more than $3.50 an hour, about half California's minimum wage.

So in 2007, the San Francisco resident and her co-workers sued their former employer for refusing to pay overtime wages or allow lunch breaks. "There was this big moment when I realized things were not right," Badami, now 29, recalled. "I wasn't being treated properly and couldn't afford health care, but meanwhile I'm calling people saying vote for so and so for senate because they support health care reform."

Though MoveOn had an outside vendor doing the hiring, they had the responsibility.

MoveOn demands employers pay for health care, not does pay for it for their own employees and pays their workers less than half what WalMart pays their workers!!

Want to work for a slave labor shop, work for a Leftist hypocrite like MoveOn. Bet you did not know this!

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎