Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Specter of Declining Enrollment Hangs Over Both District and City Policies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Specter of Declining Enrollment Hangs Over Both District and City Policies

In these economic times families are leaving California. No jobs, high taxes, policies that kill jobs, illegal aliens running wild, unions demanding bribes--this a is not a good place to live.

So, with families leaving the schools, enrollment is declining, even with the increase of illegal aliens in our government schools.

"On Tuesday night, Councilmember Rochelle Swanson, whose concern for the school district is primary in her view was sounding the alarm on declining enrollment. She used the issue as a justification to support a 600 unit development at the Hunt-Wesson site.

“I’ve been talking to the school district about their declining enrollment. We’re at 180 this year, 200 next year, and it’s not looking any better,” Councilmember Swanson said on Tuesday night. “I said, as a Councilperson, what is the one thing that I can do that can help make a difference and it’s resounding. ‘We know you’re not a fan of growth but we've got to have some market-rate affordable housing, we have to have something for the families to come here. Otherwise we are going to continue to see declining enrollment.’”

“When I think about the quality of our schools and how important [that is], I just think its incumbent on me to have the staff looking at this proposal, getting community input,” she said."

So, the anti-growth Left in Davis may be willing to allow some growth, just to get kids for their schools. Not a good reason to do anything. Maybe killing the high taxes, allow people to use their property without total government controls and jobs will return. With the jobs will families come? Right now, our policies cause families to flee the State.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎