Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax Hike Idea Ignores ?Capitalization?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Hike Idea Ignores ?Capitalization?

Did you know that our Governor graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Superior with a major in international marketing of fitness and business administration. From his performance as Guv, it is apparent he either did not economic classes or failed them.

Please do not show this article to the Guv, he might try this stupidity.

Some want to raise our property taxes. "San Francisco Chronicle Columnist Debra Saunders has proposed raising the annual rate of property tax increase allowed under Proposition 13 from 2 percent to 2.5 percent to solve the state budget crisis (see What I Would Do If I Were Governor, SFGate, Sept. 21, 2010). As she wrote, If I were governor, Id fight tax increases. But if they must happen, I would push for increases that everyone absorbs. No more chasing rich taxpayers out of state because theyre an easy-to-target minority.

Of course, as property taxes go up, property values go down, and at the end of the down you made people poorer, and the value of their homes lower. Good days work for a Democrat.

"For example, lets say you have a $300,000 assessed value on your home and you pay a property base tax of 1 percent, plus a 2 percent inflation increase annually, or $3,000 taxes in year 1 ($300,000 x 1.0% = $3,000).

In Year 2 the tax rises 2 percent to $3,060 ($3,000 x 1.02 = $3,060).

If you raise the annual tax inflation rate from 2 percent to, say, 3 percent, the property tax will rise to $3,090 ($3,000 x 1.03 $3,090).

But the market may adjust downward the property value by $3,000 for the extra tax load of 1 percent ($300,000 x .01 = minus $3,000). The resulting property value after the market adjusts for a higher tax load is $297,000 ($300,000 minus $3,000)."

A better idea--sell the LA Coliseum, stop wasting money on unions that force members to pay bribes (they all do), end the scare tactics of Al Gore and return jobs to California.

Maybe we should save the $21 billion it costs Californians for the ability of the Left to exploit illegal aliens.

Don't raise taxes, cut spending.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎