Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bidders can vie for eight schools, including L.A. High; charter schools file lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidders can vie for eight schools, including L.A. High; charter schools file lawsuit

Maybe this is a personal article. I attended Los Angeles High School from 1961-64--I am emotional attached to the school; I am a "Roman" (school slogan).

"Eight low-performing Los Angeles-area schools and nine new campuses will be open to bids from groups inside and outside the school system, officials announced Monday. The winning bidders would take over management of these schools in the fall of 2011."

Now I find out that my school is one of the worst in the State--the good news is that it will become a charter school and the kids will finally get an education and the teachers the right to stop paying bribes to work.

Maybe all schools should become privately run or chartered? Give education a chance--end the failed union monopoly. LAUSD is not an education organization--it is an arm of the unions, creating poor education for 600,000 students--at least 100,000 of whom are illegal aliens.

The union owned school board turned over more than a dozen schools last year directly to the unions--those are schools to stay away from.

Time for LAUSD to be honest, and close shop before another generation of students loses the opportunity for an education.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎