No announcement yet.

Is Gov. Brown's Budget Plan DOA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gov. Brown's Budget Plan DOA?

Soon the mainstream media will realize that the Jerry Brown budget would fail a Math I class. It does not add up. It leaves out billions in expenditures. It forces government agencies to promote higher taxes on parents while the parents are losing their jobs and homes are being foreclosed.

"For his part, Governor Brown said at the press conference that he believes he has support from some Republicans to put his tax-extension measure on the ballot.

"I think we'll get some Republican votes," he said.

However, Republican leaders clearly disagree. Senate GOP leader Bob Dutton said on Monday that "zero" members of his caucus would vote for the tax plan laid out by the Governor."

Every GOP'er in the Capitol will think of what happened to Ashburn, Niello, Cogdill, Villines and Adams before they vote to approve a tax increase on the ballot.

Abel Maldonado, who supported the last massive tax increase has said he would oppose the Brown extension of the tax increases he was the key vote on for the passage of the February, 2009 budget.

If I were mean, I would want Brown to get his way and have a Special Election on taxes. Then the public can tell Brown, his union owners and the Democrats we will not allow our homes to be taken for the government to spend on unions and special interests.

Yes, what he presented on Monday is dead--but it is a start of the needed discussion.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎