No announcement yet.

Women and footwear, I don't get it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and footwear, I don't get it

.My apologies, I haven't posted about I "welcomed in" on, I haven't felt well - even today

Easing into it, some observations:

Some months ago a female friend had occasion to spontaniously bleed profusely from a lesion on her lower lip...

She was sitting down, blood accumulating in a pool between her feet. I was applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

Another woman approached to comiserate, saw the shoes on either side of the lake of blood, then gushed." Where did you get those shoes?".

With all that blood everywhere, they both carried on about shoes, with the paper towels I was holding to the woman's lip bouncing up and down. I don't get it.

Recently I heard that women judge men by their footwear.

Today, I asked a woman I never met before, based on the revelation that she previously sold shoes, do women judge men on their shoes? She affirmed the notion.

For me, the only notice I have taken to footwear is if I have seen someone wearing boots which seem to be aligned with my life long trades, unless it's glaring footwear, like knock your eyes out brightness, completely worn out, or wildly different or greatly inappropriate for the task or ocassion at hand.

I don't care and I don't get it. It's incomprehensable to me like basing a relationship on whether the toilet seat is up or down. I look before I plant, don't see the difficulty.

Perhaps more important, illustrated by the following joke:
    This dirt poor trailer park dwelling Texan worked hard at an honest living. He had a battered old hat and old cowbow boots which were worn down on the heels and were next to bursting his toes out the front and he was determined to replace them both.

The man scrimped and saved his pennies for a long time and was finally able to spend some bucks on a brand new pair of Tony Llama boots.

Casting his old boots in the dumpster outside of the bootery, he rushed home wearing his gleaming new footwear.

When he entered his humble mobile domain, his wife was engrossed in a crossword puzzle. Exitably saying "do you see anything new?"

She glanced up and said "no, it's the same old you" and went back to her crossword puzzle.

That ticked off the husband, who went into the single bedroom, removed all his clothes except for his new boots and battered old hat and returned to the "living room."

He said "do you see anything new now?' She glanced up, said "Same old you, it's hanging down like always" and went back to her puzzle The man said "it's looking at my new boots!"

The wife stood straight up, casting her crossword puzzle to the side, and yelled, "you should've bought a new hat!!!"

So.....the guy in that story is actually you, isn't it?

Comment

Noooo, it wasn't me. But I have asked around for solutions to anonymous friend's embarrassing medical problems.

Was that you looking in the window when my friend Leon was showing off his new boots to his wife?

With all the work you did hanging shelves in stores you sound like a handy kind of guy so i'll ask a question for one of my friends who's seeking a solution to a problem with his house, I don't have a clue.

Every time he walks in the front door the back door slams. He's been bugging the hell out of me about it over the fence and it's rude to run in the house when he sees me in the back yard and walks my way. Do you have any idea of what the problem is and how to fix it? I'd like to get him to quit yammering about it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Air pressure. Opening one door creates air flow. If the back door was latched, it would slam
        Or he has an uninvited guest running out when he comes in.

Comment

Would that have anything to do with the car that parks around the corner during normal working hours?

Comment

Probably; is he married too?

Comment

Yeah, he's married. That's another thing he talks about a lot.

She has more shoes than Imelda Marcos.

Speaking of shoes, one time there was a size 13 pair of running shoes laying by a part of the fence that has an unusual pattern of wear on it. The neighbor thinks its some kids taking a shortcut through his yard.

I forgot to tell you something about the back door slamming when the neighbor comes in the front door. Coincidently it only happens when she is getting in the shower.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎