No announcement yet.

Handful Of Amnesty Supporters March In Sac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handful Of Amnesty Supporters March In Sac

So far, only a few pictures with captions. they claim 350 people, but you know how that goes. Amnesty proponents have fallen back to the church to press their agenda though.

I might be wrong, but they don't seem to be the usual crowd of open borders proponents, and they almost look depressed in that picture.

I didn't feel like logging into sacbee in the link, so I didn't see what other pictures they had.

I counted something like 42 people in that picture, and as a guess as to how crowds mill and the way they looked, I would guess there weren't any more than eighty or a hundred.

Certainly not in the hundreds.

It must have been a slow day for Sacramento print journalism.

Comment

You're right Ilbegone, there certainly weren't 350 people. But they can still muster up a few.

Comment

The media is not giving them any play either. Nothing but a few pics in the back page. Notice the American flags this time too. These proponents are wising up, but it may be too late for them.

Comment

The dispirited feeling which comes off that picture. No "Si se puede" there.

Comment

If they were playing to the cameras, which I don't think they were, they might have shaped their crowd to make it look bigger. Looking at it again, I believe my guesstimate to be generous.

Comment

This is GOOD news let's hope the DECLINE in THEIR numbers CONTINUES!

Comment

Originally posted by joazinha
                This is GOOD news let's hope the DECLINE in THEIR numbers CONTINUES!
                What you have to consider is that there is some dispirited-ness on our side as well. There are many reasons, not the least the economy as well as infighting. You can't really push amnesty with the unemployment figures, and the visible anti-illegal movement has been unwittingly sabotaged from within by ego and exaggerated association.

It all comes down to numbers, and not all pressure is visible.

What pressure is there on politicians on either side which is not obvious?
                Last edited by ilbegone; 09-06-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎