No announcement yet.

Indians are the fastest-growing group of illegal immigrants in the US,

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians are the fastest-growing group of illegal immigrants in the US,

Get all the most viewed business news articles with updates on finance, stock market, Mutual Funds, IPO, sensex, BSE/Nifty & Live share market news at Economictimes.com

Indians fastest-growing illegal immigrant group in US
    11 Aug 2009, 1221 hrs IST, IANS
    WASHINGTON: Indians in the US are not only the fastest growing Asian community, but also have the dubious distinction of being group of illegal immigrants
    in the country.
    According to the American Community Survey of the US Census Bureau, the Asian Indian population in the US grew from almost 1,679,000 in 2000 to 2,570,000 in 2007.

With a growth rate of 53 percent the highest for any Asian American community, and among the fastest growing ethnic groups in the US, Indian Americans are the third largest Asian American ethnic group, after Chinese Americans and Filipinos.

When it comes to illegal immigration, Hispanic illegal immigrants largely outnumber other undocumented immigrants. Mexicans make up nearly 7 million of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants.

The next largest group of Hispanics are Salvadorans and Guatemalans. But Indians are the fastest-growing group of illegal immigrants in the US, according to US Department of Homeland Security report.

There are 270,000 unauthorised Indians in the US - a 125 percent jump since 2000, the largest percentage increase of any nation with more than 100,000 illegal immigrants.

Many Indians get into the US with an H-1B Visa so they do not have to cross the border illegally. Indian illegal immigrants tend to have attained a higher level of education than other illegal immigrants in the US.

In addition, many immigrants from India can speak English fluently. Immigrants from India often work for high-tech companies and perform highly skilled jobs such as engineering and computer programming.

I suppose it's now only a question of time until they start marching down the streets, waving flags from India, calling us racists, and telling us that this continent was stolen from them.

Comment

Originally posted by DerailAmnesty.com
      I suppose it's now only a question of time until they start marching down the streets, waving flags from India, calling us racists, and telling us that this continent was stolen from them.
      That's not their style. They are more adept at moving in and siezing power without the fanfare. Remember Fiji?
      I remember some customers of mine a year or more ago from Fiji. I asked them what happened to Fiji, and he replied "if Obama get in, you gonna find out what happened to Fiji"

Comment

Once many of these people coming here in droves feels they've beaten the American citizen down and we're not a threat anymore, they'll start going after each other. You can bet on that if we don't stop this invasion.

Comment

Recently Australia has been having problems with LEGAL resident Indian racists who make NO secret of their UTTER contempt for Australians because Australians SPEAK ENGLISH, DRINK BEER, and EAT BEEF (which is TWO-faced considering how COWS are WORSHIPPED in India while countless CHILDREN are left to STARVE!)

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
            That's not their style. They are more adept at moving in and siezing power without the fanfare. Remember Fiji?
            I remember some customers of mine a year or more ago from Fiji. I asked them what happened to Fiji, and he replied "if Obama get in, you gonna find out what happened to Fiji"

You're right. Indian immigrants have proven to be very industrious and business oriented.

When I was living in Japan, we used to get a lot more news from that section of the world than we do here, so when there was an "indigenous uprising" (Naui would be proud) in Fiji, it received a lot of coverage in the Tokyo English language newspapers.

A guy by the name of George Speight went in with about 8 gunmen and essentially held the Parliament hostage for at least a week. Among his demands was that the first Indian background Prime Minister of Fiji leave office. Apparently, all the business owners and well-connected folks are the Indians, and to a lesser degree, the Chinese. This has not left the locals happy and there is apparently, a good deal of tension between the indigenous Fijians and the Indians who, essentially, employ them and run their lives.

Comment

Tahiti is the same. Tahit is being run by the french, and then inhabited by french and other Europeans, and then overrun with tourists. Native tahitians don't care for any of them because they profit none, and feel like they are guests in their own homeland. As tourists there we were not treated well by the lot of them. The french thought of us as sheep to be fleeced, and the Tahitians thought of us as uninvited visitors.

Comment

Interesting, that makes sense. When did you visit?

Comment

It's been about 20 years unfortunately,

The place was so beautiful that I'd jump at the chance to be shit on by the French and the Tahitians again for a few months.
                  Anyone here got a sailboat they don't want anymore?

Comment

I had some friends who were married and were quite wealthy and traveled the world, in style I might add. They said that of all the places they had been to in the world Tahiti was the best. They went there every two years since 1960. My friends have passed away, but I still remember the stories they told of their visits there.

Comment

Here in my hometown of West Sacramento California, they owne 98% of all small and medium-size businesses, and the Russians owne the other 2% of small and medium-sized businesses.
                      I place the blame about this takeover on our last generation, they sold out for higher prices, it was their greed.

Comment

Immigrants from India

So, do you want a President who will stop this legal and illegal Immgration, to stop the H-1B Visa's, to restore the Sovereignty of America?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎