No announcement yet.

Border Patrol

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol

Not sure where to post this but this section seems appropiate. Today I applied for the Border Patrol and got the Border Patrol test set up for December 21st. If I get in, Im going to do my best to make sure that the Border Jumpers dont get over. And Im going to work towards reforming the Patrol so that they are harsher on these criminals.

Good for you!,

The Border Patrol would be a good job. The only thing is that you might get a duty station not quite in line with what you were saying. They could assign you to the border with Canada, making sure that all those French speaking foreigners from Quebec don't cross illegally with undelared baguettes.

Comment

lol... well they instated a policy where initially you have to be assinged to the Southern Border in either California (San Diego area is where Im shooting for), Texas, New Mexico or Arizona. After you spend I think two years there then they talk about transferring to the north. However, from the Agents ive talked to, you rarely get transferred out of the South if you actually want to stay. If you think about it, who the hell would want to roam the desert in 115 degree heats with a bunch of illegal aliens roaming around ready to kill you just to get into a country where they dont belong in the first place?

Comment

INS Border Patrol Jobs

Being from San Diego and having friends that were border patrol officers, the rule was when you are inducted into the INS you serve 600 miles minimum from where you are from for your 1st duty station.

They said this was to insulate officers from the temptation of dealing with their friends or aquaintenances.

Thank You for serving your country in this career choice and God Bless You.
        Last edited by timoteo; 10-29-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Thomas,
          Good luck on your future with the Border Patrol. I will look for you in the Boluvard area the next time I am at Camp Vigalence. That is the HQ for the Minutemen in California. I have attended two musters there in 2007.
          Sandman
          sandman

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎