No announcement yet.

OC Signs $30 Million Deal to House Illegal Aliens--in Jails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Signs $30 Million Deal to House Illegal Aliens--in Jails

Great News--Orange County jails will now have vacancies occupied by illegal aliens. Good for the budget of OC and good for the people of OC.

"Over the past year, as Orange County has negotiated with the federal government to receive more than $30 million for housing undocumented felons at Theo Lacy jail, there was concern that the city of Orange would derail the arrangement.

Not anymore.

Today, county officials signed off on a plan that essentially paid off the city by giving it a piece of the contract, which amounts to about $340,000.

The deal makes County Supervisor John Moorlach publicly wonder whether he's just been shaken down.

"I was asked to hold my nose," Moorlach said today in open session about the settlement.

"I'm saddened by this transaction," Moorlach said from the dais at today's meeting of the Orange County Board of Supervisors. "I'm embarrassed by it. I feel like I've been shook down. I feel violated. I'm having real trouble with this agreement."

It may have been a shake-down, but at the end of the day illegal aliens will be in jail, not holding jobs or committing crimes.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎