No announcement yet.

Senator Aanestad: Single Payor is Job and People Killer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Aanestad: Single Payor is Job and People Killer

Senator Sam Aanestad is direct, "I do not support socialized, government-controlled medicine because I believe that patients come before bureaucrats. True healthcare reform should be based on four fundamental principles: affordability, access, safety, and choice. Single-payer fails on every account."

Worse at the same time we have a $36 billion deficit, over $600 billion in debt, a yearly budget of about $90 billion, the Democrats want to add a program that will cost $200 billion per year.

Aanestad notes, "The nonpartisan Legislative Analysts Office (LAO) examined the California single-payer proposal that has been repeatedly introduced. What is the price tag that all California taxpayers will get stuck with? According to the LAO report its $200 billion. That’s more than $5,000 in new taxes for every man, woman, and child in California today.

I cannot support an under-funded program that would leave patients with far fewer options for care than they have today and $200 billion in new taxes for struggling Californians."

Glad we have people in the legislature willing to tell the truth, even if the Democrats refuse to do so.

We need to stand up with Senator Aanestad and others who fight to keep taxes low and government out of the health care decision.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎