Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Has Excuses for Not Working on Budget: Her Memo!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Has Excuses for Not Working on Budget: Her Memo!

Below is a memo that Democrat Speaker Karen Bass has sent to reporters to explain why she refused to attend a budget negotiating session with the Governor.

In fact she compares her refusal negotiate with Arnold to boycotting buses in 1960's Montgomery, Alabama. "Staying off buses in Montgomery to bring down Jim Crow is a boycott. Missing a photo op to prop up Arnold Schwarzenegger is not."

Democrat Bass supported a phony budget cut, spending $2.9 billion on July 1, 2009 at 12:01 am, instead of on June 30, 11:59pm. This is the type corruption that has caused our problems. "The Speaker has compromised. The Speaker has made cutsincluding the bipartisan cuts passed on an overwhelming basis in the Assembly that could have prevented IOUsif the Governor hadnt wanted to use IOUs to increase his leverage on items unrelated to the deficit."

Then she demeans the Governors previous profession. "The Speaker got her start in emergency rooms not on movie sets. So she has a hard time understanding how the governor could approach a crisis with unserious actions and unnecessary delays." Yet she listens to Sean Penn, Alex Baldwin and George Clooney for advice.

Karen Bass is always looking for excuses not to fix the budget. She wants the poor of her district to be poorer, while the special interests prosper. It is time for her to work for the people of California instead of issuing press releases. Refusing to negotiate is, to me, an act of corruption, what do you think?

I thank her staff for sending this memo to me!

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎