No announcement yet.

SF Muni: Waste Billions and As Slow as WALKING

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Muni: Waste Billions and As Slow as WALKING

It takes me 5.5 hours to drive to Sacramento from Simi Valley. With my Prius, the cost is under $50 round trip. Or I could take Southwest, five hours and over $200 dollars--airfare, parking fees and taxi to the Capitol. Neither cost is subsidized by the taxpayers.

The people of San Fran are being ripped off by the Muni. The fare is high and tens of millions of tax dollars to keep this bankrupt system going. Using the Muni is expensive for the user and the taxpayer. It is also a tax waster.

It is also SLOWER than walking. This is from a letter to the editor:

"I live between 4 and 5 miles from work. If I walk it takes me about 70 minutes, if I bike it takes about 20 minutes.

If I take Muni it takes me 10 minutes to walk to the bus stop, between 5 and 10 minutes before a streetcar arrives, a 30-minute ride (Muni averages less than 8 miles an hour during rush hour), and an additional 10 minutes to walk to work, in total about an hour."

If time and money are a consideration--drive a car and stay away from government transportation. I can not afford to subsidize your bus, subway or train usage.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎