....STOP SMUD FROM SPENDING RATEPAYER MONEY ON SCIENCE CENTER BUILDING NAMING RIGHTS.......SEE THE LOCAL FOCUS CAMPAIGN SECTION.....

Go Back   Fight Back In Sac > Socializing > General Socializing Topics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Articles Media Center Downloads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Socializing Topics Social topics not elsewhere classified

Welcome to the Fight Back In Sac forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Purgatory Inhabitant Only

Thumbs up

I have recently suffered a loss too. It's never easy for us that are left behind. But we are better for having those people in our lives.

Evil is Powerless, if the good are unafraid. President Ronald Reagan

A toast to them..
I toast to him/she who has felt life’s sting.
I toast to him/she who has felt in anguished pain
the sting of a rough life marked with he/she's name.
I toast to him/she who would not boast
that he/she knew no fear when trouble was near,
but stood like a solid oak in a frenzied wind.
I toast to him/she who still had courage to go on and win.
"I really hope we aren't punishing members here for posting their honest opinions. That would be a bad precident to set. *Activists, who routinely point out corruptions outwardly with govt entities, also should be the very first to point out 'inside' org leadership corruptions."
Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Soldier

Things are progressing more rapidly now,

Auntie Marie is failing, and the family is gathering at their home. The priest was called and he administered last rites. Yesterday, my wife spent over half the day and part of the night there, during which many family members gathered at her bedside to pray the rosary. Family has flown in from Guam, and driven from the Monterey area and the house is filling up so much that there may be spillover to ours. I'm surprised at how well everyone is performing on this, but I guess I should be relieved. This is a testament to how family bonds can be the best in the world when properly administered.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Enlistee

What can I say AG? My thoughts are with you all.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Soldier

Thanks RIM,

I spent most of the day with family from over there. Did some shopping with them; did a little home repair since I'm pretty good with that stuff, and sat with her aunt for a while. She's still with us. She has a lot of trouble communicating, but there's still an open channel. I came home and relieved my wife from house cleaning here so she could meet up with family for a while. You know, I vacuumed several rooms last night here, and with these two dogs and two kids running through here today you'd never know it.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Enlistee

The two kids I could stand but the two dogs gotta go.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
The two kids I could stand but the two dogs gotta go.
The dogs don't ask for money, the keys to your truck, or park in the favored portion of the driveway though.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Soldier

Regretfully, Autnie Marie passed on around 7:30 am this morning,

I fielded a phone call around 4:00 am from one younger relative advising us that there was difficulty breathing, but since we had spent most of the evening and night with her, and that we all had said goodbye to her then, My wife made the decision to hold back. But then an hour later I fielded a second call from my father in law stating that Auntie had called out for my wife, she and my daughter raced over in time. I stayed back to take care of our dogs and then headed over with all the ingredients to make breakfast for, I think 14 people. When I arrived it was fairly solemn, but some relief since she had been in a great deal of pain. More family began arriving during breakfast and after, and then the priest came to bless the passing. There was also a beautiful rosary held in the family room during which one family member sang Auntie's requested song. I heard I missed some rather dramatic moments directly after her passing, but then it surfaced again when they removed her to the mortuary. All in all it was pretty well managed. There's more to come of course, since there will be a few masses in church over the next couple of days, and that to be followed up with the gravesite services. Her husband has been tremendously strong in the face of all the work he's had to do, and to face her struggle. Thier faith is impressive. Unwavering, ritualistic, and powerful. The family support network is nothing short of amazing.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Enlistee

May she have the rest she deserves.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Soldier

The funeral was today,

I didn't want to tell anyone in advance because someone may have taken the opportunity to burglarize our house while we were away.

It was beautiful. I joined the pallbearers brigade, as did my son. The family did most everything: conducted the rosary, sang songs in native tongue, even applied makeup to auntie for the viewing. It took most of the day, with a mass being said complete with holy communion for all. I videotaped for the family that couldn't make that 14 hour flight so they could see, with the exception of communion and when I was doing pall bearer duties. Then we followed the procession to the entombing. I tell you these folks are incredibly close knit and traditional. I will post some pics and partial videos here soon
Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Enlistee

My condolences to you and your family.