....STOP SMUD FROM SPENDING RATEPAYER MONEY ON SCIENCE CENTER BUILDING NAMING RIGHTS.......SEE THE LOCAL FOCUS CAMPAIGN SECTION.....

Go Back   Fight Back In Sac > Socializing > General Socializing Topics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Articles Media Center Downloads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Socializing Topics Social topics not elsewhere classified

Welcome to the Fight Back In Sac forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Soldier

Default Norwegian Pancakes This Morning

So with the new Kitchen Aid mixer, I made Norwegian Pancakes for everyone this morning

Norwegian pancakes are a bit like crepes, in that they are fairly thin. You have to make the batter from flour, eggs, milk, melted butter, salt, sugar, and vanilla. You also have to keep the batter moving every so often or it will clump up, but just keep it in a blender and puch the button every once in a while.

the pan needs to be medium hot, just so a little butter starts to brown when you put some in there. Then pour your batter thin and swirl it around the edges. It'll cook fast with a lid on, and then turn them over and brown the other side. You can store these babies for a couple days if you want.

For the first course, I added a little scrambled eggs with salt and pepper.

Then a little cheese. Jack is best for this, but cheddar is all we had on hand.

Then a line of sour cream

And next roll it up

The next course is the same pancake, and added a few spoons of frozen sweetened strawberries that have been microwaved warm

Here's where the mxer came in. 1 pint of cold whipping cream whipped till thick, and then added 3 nearly liquified bananas and whipped a little more to get it thoroughly emulsified. Cool whip or other subsitutes will fail you. they are weak stand in's for real whipping cream from genuine cows. that imitation stuff has who knows what in there, and the consistency is just not going to be compatible with these home made goods

Then add that on top of the strawberries and roll 'em up

The result is a satisfying brekkie combo

Last edited by AyatollahGondola : 06-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Soldier

Now for the bad news:

It's a bit messy, so there's clean up involved:

Don't let that deter you though. The leftovers will be available to you without the clean up for a few days. Well, won't last that long here really, with two twenty-year-old's and their appetities in the house
Old 07-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Looks very good. I love to cook too.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Soldier

Ha! What do you mean "too".

It's just another dirty job around the home front to me, for he that cooks, also cleans.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Oh come on, you took all those pics, you obviously enjoy your time being a domestic chef... see you on Hell's Kitchen.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Soldier

No, I just like showing off new toys
Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM

Ok, so that is your story and you are sticking to it. Looks like good chow whichever way. But I agree about the new gadget thing, it does inspire one to create. When I bought my calphalon cookware a few years back I was constantly doing some new recipe every evening so I understand.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Talking

Oh and a word of advice, putting that metal knife and grater in the non stick pan will ruin the nonstick finish...... Got to be careful with the cookware.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandinator View Post
Oh and a word of advice, putting that metal knife and grater in the non stick pan will ruin the nonstick finish...... Got to be careful with the cookware.
Yes, that's a bad habit of mine.