No announcement yet.

District 9

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

Saw this movie Saturday, and enjoyed very much. Though the anti-Apartheid message was 20 years too late and just a tad heavy-handed. The movie takes you one a journey in which an alien ship hovers over Johannesburg, South Africa. Unable to communicate with the ship, the local authorities enter the ship and discover aliens living in the ship that are ill and malnourished. They are then transported into District 9, an alien ghetto. The film briefly chronicles the interactions between the aliens and humans, leading to the aliens eviction from District 9. This is the catalyst in which the mid-level manager is promoted to handle the eviction. This process eventually leads to circumstances that involve the manager and an alien.

I loved the use of documentary style filming. This changes to traditional filming techniques about halfway through the movie. The dialogue was crisp, and the action was riveting. However, the best part of the movie was the ending. The movie was not wrapped up in a nice bow, like in Independence Day, but rather left you with a sense of uncertainty, and that was refreshing. Check it out.

Agreed. It was not the usual homogenized Hollywood blockbuster formula. Very interesting flick.

Comment

I was was honestly dreading a morality play about illegal immigration.

Comment

I want their wicked cool space guns.
        Enjoy Freedom? Get off your ass and do something to preserve it then.

Calguns.net OpenCarry.org
        ronpaul2008.com
        constitutionparty.com

Comment

movie was really enjoyable and my mom liked it

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎