Form letters from Feinstein

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form letters from Feinstein

Save act and E-Verify

Thank you for writing to share your opinion regarding the "Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2009" (S. 1505/H.R. 3308), commonly known as the SAVE Act.
    The SAVE Act was introduced by Senator Mark Pryor (D-AK) on July 23, 2009, and a companion bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives by Representative Heath Schuler (D-NC). This bill proposes to strengthen border security by increasing infrastructure, technology, and the number of U.S. border patrol agents at national borders. The SAVE Act would also make the E-Verify employment verification program permanent and mandate its use by all U.S. employers. Additionally, the bill would vastly increase enforcement and detention actions by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
    Like you, I believe that securing national borders, reducing unauthorized employment, and protecting jobs for American workers are critical components of U.S. immigration reform - and I have been working to support these goals in the Senate. Most recently, on July 9, 2009, I supported an amendment to the "Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Appropriations Act of 2010" that requires DHS to complete 700 miles of fencing at the southwest U.S. border by 2010. The amendment passed by a vote of 54 to 44. Additionally, during debate of this bill, the Senate passed an amendment by unanimous consent to provide a permanent authorization of the E-Verify program. The bill is currently being reconciled by a conference committee between the House and the Senate.
    As a member of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security, I will continue to support tough and workable reforms to U.S. immigration laws. I recognize our shared interest in securing our borders and immigration system, and I will be mindful of your support for the SAVE Act should the bill come before me this Congress.
    I welcome you to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841 if you have any questions or additional comments. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,
    Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

Thank you for contacting me to share your support for effective immigration enforcement. Protecting American jobs and reducing unauthorized employment are important to us both, and I welcome the opportunity to respond to your letter.
    I support a tough and smart approach to U.S. immigration reform, including measures to protect U.S. workers and reduce unauthorized employment in the United States. On July 9, 2009, the Senate passed the "Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Appropriations Act of 2010" (H.R. 2892) which I supported. The bill includes a permanent authorization for the voluntary E-Verify program and requires its use by all Federal contractors. The legislation also prohibits DHS from using funding to rescind the "No Match" letter policy, which currently matches an employee's name and Social Security number and alerts the employer when the data does not match with Federal records. Additionally, the bill reaffirms that DHS must complete the 700-miles fence along the U.S. - Mexico border.
    All three of these measures were approved unanimously during debate of the bill on the Senate Floor. The House of Representatives has passed a different version of the "DHS Appropriations Act of 2010," which also includes an extension of the E-Verify program. At this time, the differences between the two bills are being reconciled in a conference committee between the Senate and the House.
    As a member of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security, I am working to improve the enforcement system for employment verification in the United States. Most recently, the Subcommittee debated this issue at a July 21, 2009 hearing entitled, "Ensuring a Legal Workforce: What Changes Should be Made to Our Current Employment Verification System?"
    Again, I appreciate hearing from you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
    Dianne Feinstein
    ********United States Senator

Ya, I got the same letters. Aren't we special. That is one woman that really needs to be erased from any political office.

Comment

Feinstein tends to be more form than substance!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎