No announcement yet.

Local Activist Speaks Out Against US Loan Auditors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Activist Speaks Out Against US Loan Auditors

I visited this activist today due to an online notification of this protest, and I don't have much time to write up what I encountered there yet, but later I'll do an update and post a short video or two. But in short, it did appear the protester was being harrassed for using his 1st amendment rights.

Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 07-09-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Here's one short video for your info. It appears that the police officer is showing the USLA employee that there is a marked difference of space which indicates that the protesters vehicle could not have caused the alleged damage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po9J629IWBA"]YouTube- USLA alleges damage.wmv[/ame]

Comment

Can everyone please list the names of the people they met initially during their primary contact with USLA.

Then, see if you still have any business cards they gave you with their name on it

Next, do you have anything that the same person signed

What I'm thinking here is that it may be easier and actually even appropriate to go after the people who are misleading you at the outset, and those are the ones' who lured you into this. From what I can tell, these people are not employees of USLA. They are independent contractors. As such, they can be sued for fraud, intentional misrepresentation, and other high crimes and misdemeanors. It might be better to sue them first. Plus, they might have homeowners or other insurance that will pay the claim. I've seen at least two of USLA's contracts, and my guess is that many of you would have much better luck getting anything out of each independent agent individually for misrepresentation or fraud than battling with USLA themselves. And if just a few of you succeed against their independent contractor and there will likely be a mass exodus within their ranks, or a demand to be placed on the payroll and indemnified.
        Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 07-13-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Here are two excerpts from the contract between agent and USLA

15. Relationship of Parties, Contractor, in furnishing services to Company hcrcunder, is acting only
          as an independent contractor, and not as an agent of Company
          . Nothing in this Agreement shall be
          construed to create the relationship of employer and employee, master and servant, or principal and
          agent, between Company and Contractor. This Agreement shall not be construed to be a partnership
          or joint venture. No employees or agents of either party shall be deemed to be employees or agents
          of the other party for aay reason whatsoever.

12. Indemnity. Contractor unconditionally agrees (o indemnify the Company and the Company's
          officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates,
          attorneys and representatives (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") and hold the Indemnified
          Parties harmless from and against any and all Liabilities, expenses, fees, claims, losses or damages
          of any character whatsoever (whether actual, incidental, consequential, or otherwise), including,
          without limitation, attorneys' fees and costs incurred, whether in connection with Contractor's rights
          or the rights of third parties, arising, directly or indirectly, from (i) Contractor's performance or
          failure to perform hereuncier. and (ii) from any breach of the representations, warranties (expressed
          or- implied) by, or obligations of, Contractoi under this Agreement.

Comment

Name dropping USLA

My "Fraud Investigator" was Ty Williams
            I have also spoken with "fraud Investigator" Eric Caldwell
            Also dealt with Laura Soutar she claims she runs both companies she is only out ranked by the owners.

Comment

AyatollahGondola Thank you for helping in this fight against this company.

Do you think this is one of those companies that can just pack up and leave once their feet are held to the fire?
              Can they file bankruptcy and we will all be out?
              Do you know of a class action attorney?
              I know everyone keeps mentioning it by nobody's taken action so why not me, I have called around a little and they are not that easy to find, any advise would be great.
              Thanks

Another Question as far as suing the independent contractor,
              I have in the past hired a flooring company and they sent out a different company that installed the flooring a sub contractor, I had an issue with the job and had to start a complaint with the company I signed the contract with and they refunded my money and charged back the sub-contractor. So how would USLA be any different? The contract was with USLA not the fraud investigator
              Last edited by wantmy$back; 07-14-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Well, to answer your questions,

Yes they can just shut down and try to disappear.
                And yes, they can generally file BK, as well as can the principles of the company.
                But, there are some debts that are usually not dischargeable in a bankruptcy. Fraud is one of those. If you can get a judgement for fraud against one or more of the individuals, it will pretty much stick with them until they settle the debt.

All law firms are "class action" law firms
                Law firms are profit based service type companies, and if they believe there is just cause and reasonable fees that can be earned and collected, they will try and have a case certified as class action.
                An attorney, like any other service based company, needs to be sure they can collect their fees for their services. Taking on the alleged bad guys is all noble and good, but it all takes time and filing fees and related. Primarily, they want to see that the person hiring them can pay the fees. Secondarily, they may look at collecting from your named defendant. That's where insurance companies, investors, and other associates come into lawsuits.

The reason I'm suggesting going after the independent agents is that you don't have to collect everything you lost from one entity or person. Hold the independents liable for thier part of the scheme. Hell, they got half your up front money.
                You can still hold USLA or other independents responsible for their part of it by suing them too

Comment

Originally posted by wantmy
                  My "Fraud Investigator" was Ty Williams
                  I have also spoken with "fraud Investigator" Eric Caldwell
                  Also dealt with Laura Soutar she claims she runs both companies she is only out ranked by the owners.
                  Check and see how much contact info you have for any of them. A business card, phone number, address, etc.
                  These independent contractors are working from their own offices purportedly. I can provide some help to teach you all how to track down the ones who aren't easily found

Comment

His Business Card
                    Have you read any of the contracts?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Civil Code 2945-2495.11

So by acting as independent contractors each employee becomes in violation of being a foreclosure consultant?

When you say, "go after" I think it becomes a question of criminal or civil and which department looks into the matter. The DA wants more of an offense such as grand theft. I've already spoken to them. The AG would be the place but this where you say files go to rest in peace but with all the talk from Jerry Brown and Arnold about foreclosure consulting. I'm thinking USLA fits it to the tee. So by having the employees become independent contractors USLA is letting them take the fall. This is all becoming a lot like bad mortgages and homeowners.

Comment

His Business Card
                        Yes, I have read two.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                          http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displ...e=2945-2945.11

So by acting as independent contractors each employee becomes in violation of being a foreclosure consultant?

When you say, "go after" I think it becomes a question of criminal or civil and which department looks into the matter. The DA wants more of an offense such as grand theft. I've already spoken to them. The AG would be the place but this where you say files go to rest in peace but with all the talk from Jerry Brown and Arnold about foreclosure consulting. I'm thinking USLA fits it to the tee. So by having the employees become independent contractors USLA is letting them take the fall. This is all becoming a lot like bad mortgages and homeowners.
                          Everyone's experience may not be identical, so their cause of action against the contractor may not be the same. But in many instances, it appears the contractors held themselves out as fraud investigators to sell their product. I'd question whether any of them had business license to operate. Operating as a business when you are unlicensed is a cause to sue over. Misrepresenting yourself is too. My point is, collect the money you were cheated out of from each source.

Yeah, I have very little to no faith in the AG's office. While they may clamp down on the operations as a whole, I doubt they are going to get anyone's money back for them. Hell, I've been showing their office some blatant violations of the Charitable corp codes, the foot dragging goes on and on, and they claim indigence. I see them as publicity hounds, and once that goes, they get pretty distant on the issues.

Comment

His Business Card
                            The business card has a lot of numbers on them. what we have to try and determine is which ones are USLA's and which are the contractors. In doing reverse phone searches, one number leads us to the Walnut Grove area. From what I've heard from a few others, their contractors were from nearby areas as well, which leads me to believe USLA is recruiting in certain areas, or is at least having luck recruiting in those areas. One other was in Manteca, and another in the nearby stockton area.
                            In suing the contractors themselves, you can subpeona their related info. You can use the small claims court venue for this to start with. It will be intersting to see how USLA reacts to this. Will they come to the contractors aid, or just say, "you're an independent and you are supposed to handle your own legal problems". My guess would be the latter.

Comment

Rally

I think it would be a good idea to try and go out there on Firday in support of gamblingbob.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎