No announcement yet.

Illegal Alien Families Are Inherently Dishonest

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Alien Families Are Inherently Dishonest

This guy deserves to get tossed. He'd already gotten a gift. He had legal residency. That, of course, wasn't enough. Good riddance, get the F out.

Immigrant Smuggler Loses Removal Appeal

By AVERY FELLOW

(CN) - A Mexican citizen living legally in the United States lost his bid to halt his deportation for trying to smuggle two illegal immigrants into the country. The 7th Circuit denied his petition for review, saying he'd been given a "full and fair" opportunity to present his case.
    Raul Barradas was stopped at the U.S-Mexico border in 2005 at Hildago, Texas, after border officials grew suspicious of the birth certificates for two children in the van, who were listed as "Nicole Lynne Leighty" and "Jacob Brian Leighty."
    Barradas later admitted to an immigration judge that the two were his friend's children, and he had agreed to help them across the border for $2,000
    The immigration judge found Barradas guilty of smuggling illegal immigrants and ordered him deported.
    Barradas appealed, changing his story. He claimed he thought the children were U.S. citizens and said he had pleaded guilty because he saw no other choice.
    His arguments swayed neither the Board of Immigration Appeals nor the federal appeals court in Chicago, which affirmed the judge's ruling.
    The 7th Circuit rejected Barradas' claim that the government lacked the evidence to deport him, because it had misplaced the records of his guilty plea and conviction. Judge Tinder pointed out that the government still had his criminal complaint, which was enough to justify deportation.
    Barradas insisted that he was denied the chance to cross-examine the police officer who filed his report. The 7th Circuit called the officer's records "inherently trustworthy" and noted that Barradas never disputed the information they contained.
    The court also tossed his claim that the government denied him due process by forcing him to testify and then grilling him on the stand.
    The three-judge panel denied his petition for review.

I agree with the order too.

On the other hand, the court lost his records? That's a bit of concern to me. Not for his sake, but for mine.

Comment

Of course ILLEGAL alien families ARE inherently dishonest, WHAT else would you call a TRESPASSER or a THIEF and ILLEGALS are BOTH!

Comment

For MY KIDS

I dont agree to any of this I am Raul Barradas wife we have been married for 14 years and have five children Avery Fellow really doesnt know the rite story. My husband, I and are five children went to visit his family in Veracruz Mexico. He hadn't seen his family in 9 years. While we were down there his friends asked us to bring there kids up to the U.S. and said there kids had papers. When we got to the border. I was driving an american citizen. They asked for are papers and we gave are papers to the immigration officer. The two other teenagers handed there papers to them that is when we found out that there papers were not theres. Of Course they will question my husband because he is a resident. He stayed in Joil for 5 days in texas by the border. Went to court down there and was never convicted of anything the papers were not lost they did not find any thing to convict him of. Now my husband is being deported and my five kids are here with out a dad, and me trying to figure out how to keep paying the house we bought and the bills. MY HUSBAND IS NOT A SMUGGLER

Comment

Originally posted by traciba2006
          I dont agree to any of this I am Raul Barradas wife we have been married for 14 years and have five children Avery Fellow really doesnt know the rite story. My husband, I and are five children went to visit his family in Veracruz Mexico. He hadn't seen his family in 9 years. While we were down there his friends asked us to bring there kids up to the U.S. and said there kids had papers. When we got to the border. I was driving an american citizen. They asked for are papers and we gave are papers to the immigration officer. The two other teenagers handed there papers to them that is when we found out that there papers were not theres. Of Course they will question my husband because he is a resident. He stayed in Joil for 5 days in texas by the border. Went to court down there and was never convicted of anything the papers were not lost they did not find any thing to convict him of. Now my husband is being deported and my five kids are here with out a dad, and me trying to figure out how to keep paying the house we bought and the bills. MY HUSBAND IS NOT A SMUGGLER
          Could it be that your husband lied to you also? Which court are they trying to deport your husband from?

Comment

We went to court many times In chicago IL. Payed a lawyer over $30,000T and as you see we got no were. I know my husband did't lie to me he would't do that to his kids. I know him very well this year we will be married 14 years. Worked at the same job for over 10 years. He was the only one working for nine years because he wanted me to be a stay at home mom so nothing bad ever happened to his kids. That is how much he loved them. Now his suppost to to be friends that asked him to bring there kids are living in the same town down the street from me with no papers, and my husband is sitting in Juneau jail waiting to be deported. My kids wondering were there dad is.

Comment

Why is he in Juneau?

Comment

He has to be detained there until they have room for him on the airplane back to mexico.

Comment

He has to be detained there until they have room for him on the airplane back to mexico.
                  OK, I was confused. I guess he's awaiting proceedings in Juneau Wisconsin, not Juneau Alaska.
                  Has he filed a case against deportation?

Comment

I have been trying hard to get ahold of someone that can help me or tell me what to do to help him. But I am getting no were. I dont really want to try another lawyer because that last one didt do very well he wouldn't even let me be a witness. My husband has been trying to talk to someone in Juneau but they really wont talk to him. What I dont understand is when the men took him at the immigration building in milwaukee they said he was not arrested that there superviser needed to talk to him. Then they came back and said he needed to stay with them. Still of today he never got to talk to the superviser.

Comment

I have been trying hard to get ahold of someone that can help me or tell me what to do to help him. But I am getting no were. I dont really want to try another lawyer because that last one didt do very well he wouldn't even let me be a witness. My husband has been trying to talk to someone in Juneau but they really wont talk to him. What I dont understand is when the men took him at the immigration building in milwaukee they said he was not arrested that there superviser needed to talk to him. Then they came back and said he needed to stay with them. Still of today he never got to talk to the superviser.
                      I'd like to look in on the case, but unless he's filed a habeas corpus it is unlikely that I can. Unfortunately the immigration arm of the US prefers to keep us all in the dark about proceedings such as deportations and appeals. That way they can tell us only what they want us to know, when they feel we need to know anything at all. I don't believe that serves anyone well, but that's what we are stuck with for now.
                      If you feel he has been unjustly punished, and you want to make his case public, you are free to upload the case information here, but if there are any weaknesses in his defense they will surely be exposed to the scrutiny of dedicated people.

Comment

I would want to know the details surrounding his residency. There must be papers on that. Maybe they backtracked and found some inconsistencies.

If they were the children of the friends, then he would know, by reading their papers, if they were correct or not. To play innocent bystander at the border does not play well.

IMHO I think he knew the papers were fakes and tried to get those kids past the BP.
                        Victim of Chelene Nightingale's internet despotism

Comment

Yes, they ARE inherently dishonest. My mother said that since they were dishonest by crossing the border illegally, it is only that much easier for them to break other laws!

Comment

and they are still coming!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎