Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anchor Babies Could Collect Over $575 Million in Welfare

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added new material to my above post until I reached the character limit.

I learned a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kjl
      Many of the public assistance programs are being deeply cut or eliminated. California hasn't seen the end of these cuts. When the borrowed money is gone so will more of these programs.
      It will have to be done. How long do you think it will be before the free ride knuckleheads in Sacramento will figure it out?

How about the affected long term beneficiary blow up when the ride is over?

How will blame be ascribed?

It will be interesting.

I know someone who is getting paid to take care of her mother. I seem to recall a complaint concerning the pay cut in the program.

A few months back someone tried to sell me $100.00 worth of food stamps for $50.00.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
        Arnold is a big fraud on his cuts. He deliberately extended unemployment benefits to illegals during the freeze, and the again during the drought.
        I read an article in the LA times a few weeks ago concerning the Coachella farm workers who were camping out at the store in Mecca. One interviewee related that he was working under a different name than the one he gave his last employer so that he could continue to collect unemployment checks while working. And no doubt he will give his next employer yet another name so he can collect unemployment on the earnings from his present employer.

Comment

Originally posted by ilbegone
          I read an article in the LA times a few weeks ago concerning the Coachella farm workers who were camping out at the store in Mecca. One interviewee related that he was working under a different name than the one he gave his last employer so that he could continue to collect unemployment checks while working. And no doubt he will give his next employer yet another name so he can collect unemployment on the earnings from his present employer.
          If you can locate that article, I'd like to have it.

Here's a copy of the court records from Sacramento county only, and for only one month pertaining to Americans who are being sued over collecting unemployment benefits improperly:

Well, never mind; There are too many to fit in one post for just a month. plus, the court search will only allow 500 at a time and we exceeded that for just that period. So extrapolate that a bit:

Even if you used only the more populated counties, say 34 of them to include most of the ones bordering the coast and the southern areas, you'd get 16,000 per month or so.
          Now bear in mind, they can only collect from the ones who have something like another job under the same SS number, or whatever other methods the state has at their disposal to use. If you use methods like false socials, they likely just keep them in the file, but don't pursue them.
          I smell a new project for me
          Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 08-16-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

There are two versions of this story at the latimes website and at anti illegal websites. The other omits the reference to illegal aliens, this one omits other parts of the original story.

Evidently the original report was split in two (actually three parts, all dated the same day. It seems that there has been at least one paragraph hacked out of the whole). This bewildered me at first because the original was much longer and had references to circling trucks in the parking lot like the old time covered wagons for protection from harassment by tweekers and thieves.

I was mistaken about a first hand revelation of unemployment fraud, it was referred to as a common practice

I've been by that Market many times. The trash hasn't always been cleaned up like the article suggests

Reporting from Mecca, Calif. - Mecca is a listening post where a visitor can tap into the atmosphere of exploitation and corner-cutting that pervades this end of the valley, a place to find a guy who knows a guy who can get a fake Social Security card.

Leon is 54 and has the weary shoulder shrug of someone who has heard most everything.

"There's a ton of illegals here," he says. "People bring in checks with aliases that they've been given. Or they may have papers but work under a different name so they don't lose their unemployment" from a previous job.
            1st part... http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...2.story?page=2

2nd part...http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss

3rd part...http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ge=3&track=rss

Ramirez nods in agreement. He's 52, but age is the least of his problems. Ramirez lost half his left leg in a motorcycle accident last year. He has been a farmworker for 22 years. Now he is on disability.

"Until they give me my other leg," he says in Spanish.

He has been told Medi-Cal will provide a prothesis in three months. Afterward, he plans to go back to work.
            Last edited by ilbegone; 08-17-2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎