No announcement yet.

FoxNews;Shooting at a Illinois University

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxNews;Shooting at a Illinois University

Mass shootings in the United States are generally defined as firearm violence that wounds four or more people. Over the last two decades, mass shootings have become the centerpiece of the gun control debate in the U.S. as more shooting incidents are reported.

Former Student Guns Down 5 in Attack at Northern Illinois University; Kills Self

University President John Peters said there were a total of 22 casualties in what he described as a "rapid fire" attack that sent terrified students running for cover.

The gunman shot himself on the stage after a rampage that lasted no more than a few minutes.

The slain included four females and two males, including the killer, Peters said.

Four, including the gunman, died at the scene, and two died at the hospital, Peters said.

As of Thursday night, six patients in ctirical condition at Kishwaukee Community Hospital were transferred to other area hospitals, three were admitted and eight were discharged, according to the hospital's Web site.

Peters said the gunman was a Spring 2007 graduate student in sociology at NIU, but was not currently enrolled.

According to identification found on him, the gunman was enrolled in another, unidentified university.

Peters said authorities know of no motive. Police believe the gunman had no criminal history.
    There has been a rash of these kinds of shootings since Virginia Tech. I believe that there are two causes for this, outside of the 'officially accepted' story. 1) The media inserts this into the 24hour news cycle- inadvertently ( or purposefully) glorifying the incident. And 2) the establishment has enacted prohibitions on weapons in areas addressed by the misnomer "Gun Free Zones".

By banning the possession of weapons in a particular location and advertizing it as such, you assure criminals who do not abide by such rules, that there will be no one capable of defending themselves against an armed criminal - and - they will have at least 10 minutes to do what ever it is they want, because that is about how much time it will take for the first patrol officer to arrive on scene. Locally it was announced that average response time for officers was 11 minutes 18 seconds. Average, meaning sometimes it took less time, but could possibly take LONGER.

The problem is, and police will agree, they cannot possibly be everywhere at all times. They are outnumbered. In fact, according to the FBI, Sacramento has the fewest officers per capita out of the fifty largest cities in the United States. They also bear no liability being unable to protect individuals from harm.

I dont blame them.

Who I blame is the bureaucrats and legislators and the administration of schools who enact these prohibitions to otherwise lawful self defense while at the same time not providing adequate security to protect those that they have disarmed.

I wrote my State Assemblyman and suggested that legislation be drafted to hold these entitiies liable for not providing protection in the event they disarm the law abiding and needlessly put people at risk.

Here's a college group worth joining. And they dont even wear "Che" shirts.
    Enjoy Freedom? Get off your ass and do something to preserve it then.

Calguns.net OpenCarry.org
    ronpaul2008.com
    constitutionparty.com
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎