No announcement yet.

Spanish-ONLY Housing?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish-ONLY Housing?!

In recent days, I have noticed pieces of paper posted just about everywhere advertising apartments for rent. The bottom edge of the paper is slashed into tabs with the business phone number printed on each one. Only problem is, the ad is printed in SPANISH ONLY! With so many people lacking a roof over their heads these days, I think this is a form of DISCRIMINATION! There are OTHERS besides Hispanics who need a place to live! (maybe they don't even care whether prospective tenants are ILLEGALS, as LONG as they GET someone!)

Assisted housing for foreigners only/on the most part

My wife and I moved from Carson City Nevada about a year ago, we were able to get into assisted housing in West Sacramento (that's another story)
    there are 120 units in this complex, about 45% are Hispanics mostly we feel are illegals, about 45% are Russians or Ukrainian, the rest are a mix of Asian
    people from India some from China and there are a total of 12 American white and black families in this whole complex.
    Our states and counties have written laws and rules where they can control
    who moves in to government assisted living apartments.
    What I find amazing about these laws that they only affect the American citizen, think about it from birth our citizens have a paper trail of all the good and bad that happens in our lives, when you were born, where you're born,
    if you're in California look on the back of year drivers license you'll see that strip
    in the right computer that tells your totol history, tells your auto history it tells your criminal history, and that's what they used against the American citizen, where as the Hispanics that come into these apartments or the Russians truly don't have a paper trail, so the American citizen gets turned away, where the foreigners take the apartments that have been funded by the American tax dollars. Think about that, is that right ????
    We need to find people to work on this one.
    Last edited by saw mill worker; 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

That is a good story SM. I did not know about the strip on the drivers license. Thanks for all the information.

Comment

Originally posted by joazinha
        In recent days, I have noticed pieces of paper posted just about everywhere advertising apartments for rent. The bottom edge of the paper is slashed into tabs with the business phone number printed on each one. Only problem is, the ad is printed in SPANISH ONLY! With so many people lacking a roof over their heads these days, I think this is a form of DISCRIMINATION! There are OTHERS besides Hispanics who need a place to live! (maybe they don't even care whether prospective tenants are ILLEGALS, as LONG as they GET someone!)

In some instances, I would imagine they prefer illegals because they'll be less likely to complain about unfair contracts, code violations, late repairs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DerailAmnesty.com
          In some instances, I would imagine they prefer illegals because they'll be less likely to complain about unfair contracts, code violations, late repairs, etc.
          To be honest, that is some of why employers prefer illegals.

It's not at all that they deliver superior performance or a superior product... They show up every day, they are available from sun up to sun down, they work cheap, and they don't bitch about being treated like crap.

At least, not to the boss's face. Maybe to some "Latino advocate" when indoctrinated concerning their rights, But never personally to the boss's face.

As a whole, it's better than they get in Mexico.
          Last edited by ilbegone; 08-26-2009, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Right. the greedy buzzard bosses DON'T WANT REAL people for employees, they want SLAVES that they can EXPLOIT to NO END and then TOSS AWAY with NO consequences!

Comment

Recently, I found some more ads posted for the SAME apartment complex, their bottoms fringed with tabs carrying the phone number. Only THIS time the ads were in ENGLISH as well as Spanish, and the English was MORE prominently displayed!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎