Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illegal Vendors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard to believe they have done anything but I hope they keep it up. Your hard work is finally working after how long? Like I always say "Never give up"

Comment

Code enforcement works

Today I was documenting some illegal vendors on my side of town, and I ran into the Code enforcement officer conducting operations too! It was great to actually watch it happen. I spoke with him for several minutes, and business compliance is his beat. The guy in the first part of the video had an illegal fresh fruit stand w/ no food handlers permit, and no permit for vending. Soon as that code man rolled up, the "merchant" started rolling those melons and stuff back inside.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFDEs9ZtiNk"]YouTube - Code Enforcement Works![/ame]
      Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 06-20-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

another illegal vendor sets up shop on the corner in my neighborhood. Notice that they are allowed to smoke during food handling at this establishment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DihcLs1tyNc"]YouTube - Smoking section[/ame]

Comment

Good job AyatollahGondola!

Comment

In my recent travels, I noticed something on a local food vending operation that caused me to check into it. It was a quasi restaurant operation that just had some unusual qualities. Upon further checking, which was done at the keyboard I might add, it appeared that this operation lacks permitting, licensing, and some other basic needs to open a restaurant in the county. Further, it claimed that the operator has been in business for over a decade in this manner. I contacted the authorities and will continue to advise you of the results.
            This operator appears to be connected to ACORN locally too

Comment

The good news is that the north side of town is looking pretty good. Many of the illegal vendors are history. The bad news is that the south part of town is still holding heavy. So our focus will take us there.

Stockton blvd @Lindale

Comment

I called the police on a guy selling dolls in bags attached to a pole here in town. They said they would get right on it, and they do. We have very few illegal vendors anymore. We all need to do our part, and AG you carry the load for more than your share. Thanks.

Comment

Can't help but notice those umbrellas. They may attract customers, but they also run up the red flag.

Comment

I think it was 104 degrees when I passed this one. Yummy produce transported in a hot van and then not refrigerated throughout the day.

Comment

Same spot, another day. Take a look at the nice car illegal vendors can afford:

And on and on it goes:

Comment

I had heard that African street vendor Amadou Diallo, whose violent death by NY police gunfire in 1999 caused a huge ruckus, was an ILLEGAL street vendor who sold BOOTLEGGED videos and tube socks. And I had heard that Diallo had filed a FAR-out, FALSE application for political asylum, claiming that he was from Mauritania and had left after the government had tortured him and killed his parents, but the REAL truth was that Diallo was from GUINEA and that his parents were WEALTHY and STILL living!

Comment

Public health officials warn about Mexican cheese

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles County public health officials are warning consumers not to eat Mexican-style soft cheese and sour cream purchased from unlicensed manufacturers or vendors.

County Public Health Director Dr. Jonathan Fielding said Tuesday that such cheeses may contain unpasteurized milk or have been made or transported in unsanitary conditions.

Officials say unpasteurized milk and cheese contain raw milk that has not been heated to kill harmful bacteria, like Listeria, Salmonella, E. coli, bovine Tuberculosis and Brucella.

Fielding says consumers should not buy dairy products from unlicensed manufactuers and check labels to make sure that the ingredients include pasteurized milk.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/2120748.html

Comment

We have them all over the latino/illegal alien communities in Los Angeles. Most of them are push carts that sell either fresh fruit, corn on the cob slathered in margarine and chile powder, or hot dogs wrapped in bacon.

Comment

Another victory!

The illegal vendors that were targeting school kids as they boarded busses after school at Rio Linda High are gone, and haven't returned for a few weeks now. Code enforcement works again!
                              These are the vendors:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsopPF85cr4"]YouTube - High School Vendors[/ame]

Be sure to call code enforcement or even better, send an email to them and the county food facilities inspector with praise and thanks. Unlicensed and uninspected vendors are not an asset to this community
                              Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 09-30-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Funny that you should mention Illegal Street Vendors ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJQT9tCKHU"]YouTube - Has Illegal Immigration Been Good For Downtown L.A.? ( Los Angeles / Undocumented Aliens )[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎