Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDARE.com: 06/22/09 - An LA Reader On Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's Fading Star

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDARE.com: 06/22/09 - An LA Reader On Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's Fading Star

Recent Article from VDARE.com - A webzine devoted to the National Question.

More...

ABC reported today that Tony Villar won't be running for gov in 2010.

Comment

First of all, if you're a politician, you'd have to be an idiot to actually want that job now.

Secondly, I think he realized he would have no real chance what with so many people starting to blame latinos for most of the states woes now.

Comment

When the Lakers had their parade and Tony Thug was introduced there were a good many BOOS. I guess he heard those boos also.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
          First of all, if you're a politician, you'd have to be an idiot to actually want that job now.
          This explains why Gavin Newsom and Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown are running for the office.

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
          Secondly, I think he realized he would have no real chance what with so many people starting to blame latinos for most of the states woes now.
          We blame illegal aliens and their Mechista supporters like Villar for many of this state's problems. I believe that a latino with sensible answers to the problems that vex this state would not only get elected, but elected in a landslide.

Comment

I'm not quite sure that's true in this go around. I think the support for a latino candidate is waning at present. While there are a significant number of people voting pro latino, there's also a "red tide" brewing I think. I don't mean politically red, but an anomoly instead. You've got several years of propaganda coming from the OBL that have been forced upon the residents of this state, and they have been regurgitating it. You can read it just about everywhere. Plus, I'm not sure just who would currently be in the category you described. It certainly wouldn't be villar, and that's got a lot to do with his bowing out I think. Villar has corruption, malfeasance, ineptness, and racial stigma going against him. take away the racial bit, and he could have made it this time, because none of those qualities have inhibited politicians from getting elected before.
            I certainly don't mean to say that race is the only factor, but I think there is more of an uphill climb in the current atmosphere in California. And we can thank illegal immigration, and the proponents of it for the tainting. It will be affecting families like ours for some years ahead

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎