No announcement yet.

Wifi question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi question

Thanks or the wireless access. I can use it, but the signal is only 2 or 3 bars most of the time and I keep getting disconnected. Do you know anything about the saveourstate wireless? That one has a guest thing too and it's got 4 or 5 bars all the time. I googled save our state and found a website that is like this one but can't find anything about their wireless.

Captain Sacto

The signal you refer to is still coming from fight Back in Sac's transmitter. You can use the same password we issued to you for either one. If you googled save our state and got the save our state.org site, they don't know anything about this, and the signal you are recieving is not from them. Just be sure to click the "guest" wireless or your password won't work. If you're getting more bars on "SaveOurState" than you are "FightBackinSac", it's probably because your computer's wireless reciever operates on the wireless N band as opposed to wireless G. Either way, 5 bars is pretty good based upon where our antenna is located and the area you told us your computer is. As the crow files, that's about 1/2 mile. You probably have a very good reciever too.

Comment

If he's recieving 5 bars that far away, I'm really impressed. But there's no obstructions whatsoever between the antenna and their apartment, and he's probably up on the second or third story there. I doubt if too many others are going to experience that, and just because you get 5 bars doesn't mean you'll get good speed at that range. I wish I had wireless n on my laptop. I'd go out in the area and test the range and function.
      Captain, the SaveOurState you googled is an old haunt of mine, but I was excommunicated from them. I'll fill you in if you ever decide to take me up on the finger and thumb ride offer.

Comment

i've been able to use your wifi most every night, but the 5 bars dropped down to 3 this weekend and stayed there. the other one is less now too

Comment

Yes Captain,

The transmitter has been temporarily moved, but will be in a much higher spot once that's done. Like 100 ft high. hope to be done with that in a week. Then, we should recieve that signal in campus commons too

Comment

Looks like the storm knocked the neighborhood Wifi antenna off line. Sorry, but the weather is just too rough for a climb like that, so it's likely to be out for a couple days. I'm sure some of you can still recieve the signal from the inside transmitter, but that's going be limited to this block.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎