Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD chief: cops shouldn't enforce immigration

LAPD chief: Cops shouldn't tag immigrants
    The Associated Press, October 27, 2009

Los Angeles (AP) -- Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton says his department must stay out of the business of collaring illegal immigrants.

In an article in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times, Bratton says the LAPD should continue a three-decade-old policy that prohibits officers from stopping someone solely to determine whether they're in the country illegally.

Bratton says it's harder for police to do their job if witnesses won't come forward because they're afraid of deportation.

Dozens of state and local police agencies around the country have joined a federal program giving officers the powers of federal immigration agents. But the chief says his replacement should focus on community outreach and not community alienation.

Bratton will step down Saturday to join a Virginia-based global security firm.
    http://www.fightpc.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

LOCAL police are often the FIRST to ENCOUNTER illegals! So COLLARING illegals IS an INTEGRAL part of local law enforcement!

Comment

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE BRATTON GONE. However, how do we know if either of the new three are any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Rim05
        I AM SO GLAD TO SEE BRATTON GONE. However, how do we know if either of the new three are any better?
        Chances are they won't be. But Los Angeles only has itself to blame. They voted in Tony Villar and he's the one to choose who will get the job. That says it all.

Comment

I think Mayor Tony will pick Moore, don't know why it is just what I think. I would choose Beck because he has the most experience and looks tuff, what ever tuff means.

Comment

Chances are ANOTHER TRAITOR may be assigned as long as VILLARAZA is mayor!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎