No announcement yet.

A life Will Soon End

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rim05
    The two kids I could stand but the two dogs gotta go.
    The dogs don't ask for money, the keys to your truck, or park in the favored portion of the driveway though.

Comment

Regretfully, Autnie Marie passed on around 7:30 am this morning,

I fielded a phone call around 4:00 am from one younger relative advising us that there was difficulty breathing, but since we had spent most of the evening and night with her, and that we all had said goodbye to her then, My wife made the decision to hold back. But then an hour later I fielded a second call from my father in law stating that Auntie had called out for my wife, she and my daughter raced over in time. I stayed back to take care of our dogs and then headed over with all the ingredients to make breakfast for, I think 14 people. When I arrived it was fairly solemn, but some relief since she had been in a great deal of pain. More family began arriving during breakfast and after, and then the priest came to bless the passing. There was also a beautiful rosary held in the family room during which one family member sang Auntie's requested song. I heard I missed some rather dramatic moments directly after her passing, but then it surfaced again when they removed her to the mortuary. All in all it was pretty well managed. There's more to come of course, since there will be a few masses in church over the next couple of days, and that to be followed up with the gravesite services. Her husband has been tremendously strong in the face of all the work he's had to do, and to face her struggle. Thier faith is impressive. Unwavering, ritualistic, and powerful. The family support network is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

May she have the rest she deserves.

Comment

The funeral was today,

I didn't want to tell anyone in advance because someone may have taken the opportunity to burglarize our house while we were away.

It was beautiful. I joined the pallbearers brigade, as did my son. The family did most everything: conducted the rosary, sang songs in native tongue, even applied makeup to auntie for the viewing. It took most of the day, with a mass being said complete with holy communion for all. I videotaped for the family that couldn't make that 14 hour flight so they could see, with the exception of communion and when I was doing pall bearer duties. Then we followed the procession to the entombing. I tell you these folks are incredibly close knit and traditional. I will post some pics and partial videos here soon

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Mrs. P and I offer our condolences to you.

Comment

Originally posted by PochoPatriot
                Mrs. P and I offer our condolences to you.
                Thanks Pocho, I'll pass that along

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎