Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivas to take Border Patrol flag into space

Olivas to take Border Patrol flag into space
    The Associated Press, August 24, 2009

El Paso, TX (AP) -- When Sun City native and NASA Astronaut Danny Olivas launches into space Tuesday morning aboard Space Shuttle Discovery, he will take a piece of the Borderland with him to the International Space Station.

Congressman Silvestre Reyes (D-TX) announced Monday Olivas will fly a U.S. Border Patrol flag aboard Discovery. Upon the shuttle's return to earth, Olivas will return the flag to Reyes, who will then give the flag to the Border Patrol Museum in Northeast El Paso.

'I was very gratified when Danny offered to fly a Border Patrol flag for me during his mission aboard the Shuttle Discovery,' Congressman Reyes said in a news release. 'The flag will be given to the museum for El Pasoans to see.'

David Aguilar, the U.S. Border Patrol Chief in the El Paso Sector, said Olivas' gesture will represent a proud and historic moment for the agency.

Prior to serving in the U.S. House of Representatives, Reyes served more than 26 years in the Border Patrol. He spent 13 years as Sector Chief in McAllen and El Paso before retiring in 1995.
    http://www.fightpc.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

This is a HOLLOW gesture on the part of US Rep. Reyes. He OPPOSES making English OFFICIAL and is PRO-illegal immigration!

Comment

I would prefer that they take illegal aliens into space. Nothing quite says deportation like getting shipped outside the Earth's atmosphere

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎