No announcement yet.

Fight Back In Sac & SOS At National Night Out

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Back In Sac & SOS At National Night Out

This one snuck up on me, but since there's been no work for me I took the opportunity anyway. I received an RSS feed advising that there was to be numerous events for National Night Out, and since the one was just up the street from the old homestead, I decided to make that one. the parks district advertised there was going to be live doo-wop band, bounce houses, water slide and it was supposed to be an educational event to combat crime. Since we are interested in fighting crime in our neighborhoods, I dolled up the billboard and headed for the party.

We had lots of printed media laid out on the trailer bed, and plenty of crisp fliers for handing out

I wasn't treated too badly, and even got some good feedback. But then along came the spoilers. The parks district wench tried to sick two rented goons on me. The video should be up soon

OK, so here it is. Boy this is kind of ironic really, and it sure cast a shadow on the event, but I shook it off and made good as was intended

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQqpCCEQT0"]YouTube- ‪Rainbow Park National Night Out.wmv‬‎[/ame]

About a half hour later, about 6 sheriffs deputies showed up and using my binoculars I could seem them looking my way. Only one deputy came over, and more or less didn't have any problem with me attending a public event. I pretty much thought that anyway, but I am going to take this up with whomever is the saner people in the parks district

So the rest of the evening went pretty well. I passed out fliers to people on the street, as well as those in cars. Several people stopped and read the info on the trailer, and a few got into discussions with me. Many people took photos of the sign, and there was not the usual fascination with taking pictures of me. The band was pretty good! The closest thing to espanyol was a couple Carlos Santana tunes. I'll tell you one thing; There's a whole lot less spanish being heard there lately. There were up to four illegal vendors though. Not to worry...I know what to do

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎