Save Our State To Rise Again

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Here's an update on the new forum

We've got a new purchased copy of Vbulletin, and it's been uploaded onto SaveOurState.info
    I've been trying to use the database from SaveOurState.org so we will have all of our old stuff available to us. There's been a stumbling block, mostly due to my limited knowledge of PHP code, and it just won't take off and run yet. I posted an ad for some help, and there's been one response so far from a mushroom who says he can make it go, and the price isn't prohibitive. Maybe it'll be a day, and maybe it'll be two, but I think it will be up before friday. If it works as planned, nobody should miss a beat. You should be able to sign on using your existing passwords and user names, however the material will be a few months old.

Comment

Are you staying that the same info that is on SOS.org will be available on SOS.info?

Comment

Originally posted by jinx
        Are you staying that the same info that is on SOS.org will be available on SOS.info?
        That's the plan

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jinx

That's the plan
          ,WHAT WILL THE KING AND QUEEN DO THEN? I cannot believe it but guess I will see.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
            Here's an update on the new forum

We've got a new purchased copy of Vbulletin, and it's been uploaded onto SaveOurState.info
            I've been trying to use the database from SaveOurState.org so we will have all of our old stuff available to us. There's been a stumbling block, mostly due to my limited knowledge of PHP code, and it just won't take off and run yet. I posted an ad for some help, and there's been one response so far from a mushroom who says he can make it go, and the price isn't prohibitive. Maybe it'll be a day, and maybe it'll be two, but I think it will be up before friday. If it works as planned, nobody should miss a beat. You should be able to sign on using your existing passwords and user names, however the material will be a few months old.
            This is very exciting.

Comment

So, we have something in common. I've been out of the loop a couple of weeks because a move. Now I gotta catch up with all of this. I'll respond more after I've read everything.

Moving's a bitch.....

Originally posted by PochoPatriot
              WOW!

I have been out of the cyber-world for about a week due to a recent move. This is great news. I wonder how this is playing on the board that shall not be named.

Good luck, AG!

Comment

Originally posted by TasmanianSheDevil
                Moving's a bitch.....
                Yes, it is!

Comment

10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
                  AyatollahGondola
                  Soldier Join Date: May 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

That's the plan

AyatollahGondola
                  View Public Profile
                  Send a private message to AyatollahGondola
                  Send email to AyatollahGondola
                  Find all posts by AyatollahGondola
                  Add AyatollahGondola to Your Buddy List

#49 10-14-2009, 05:03 AM
                  Rim05
                  Enlistee Join Date: May 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                  Quote:
                  That's the plan
                  ,WHAT WILL THE KING AND QUEEN DO THEN? I cannot believe it but guess I will see.
                  The bottom post I made here on the 14th I think. Seems ONE OR SOME OF 'OUR' SPYS HERE TOLD THE 'KING' AND 'QUEEN'.
                  I was suspended from posting for 7 days for 'infighting', some of you know about my post to the Dumb Blonde and Beer swilling King. I have been going over there and reading since I got my computer up but this morning I was sent to some 'banned site'. I will never be allowed there again, BIG LOSS ?

Too bad they are too dense to realize I never intended to post there again and before this I never gave info to anyone about another site.

I wish them the best of the WORST.

Comment

Originally posted by Rim05
                    The bottom post I made here on the 14th I think. Seems ONE OR SOME OF 'OUR' SPYS HERE TOLD THE 'KING' AND 'QUEEN'.
                    I was suspended from posting for 7 days for 'infighting', some of you know about my post to the Dumb Blonde and Beer swilling King. I have been going over there and reading since I got my computer up but this morning I was sent to some 'banned site'. I will never be allowed there again, BIG LOSS ?

Too bad they are too dense to realize I never intended to post there again and before this I never gave info to anyone about another site.

I wish them the best of the WORST.
                    Sorry to hear you were banned. That's what the mindset of the management over there has been for quite some time. They are very frightened people, and their response is to shut out what they fear. It's kind of like a kid covering up their eyes as if that makes it go away. You know what that fear is? Their own ignorance and failings as managers. They lack the talent necessary to credibly address the facts and truth, and they don't want anyone to see that.
                    Get that Rim? They fear you.....The mighty RIM causes them to go scurrying for cover. They are hiding their eyes from you!
                    Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 10-16-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I just tried to go on the site and the server seems to be down. Could this be the death knell of the old SOS?
                      Last edited by LAPhil; 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM.
                      Open Borders And Mass Amnesty

http://www.campbell.org
                      http://www.campbell.org/immigration/

Comment

Originally posted by LAPhil
                        I just tried to go on the site and the server seems to be down. Could this be the death knell of the old SOS?
                        I noticed that too, and it could be in a manner of speaking. The "old" SOS is a relative term. The real old SOS was fairly decent. The SOS of late was/is a farsicle. I hope that the management can see the honor in perhaps allowing us to make use of the site and the forum, because so many very good and well intentioned folks spent a lot of time gathering up material, ideas, and contacts that should be put to use.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
                          I noticed that too, and it could be in a manner of speaking. The "old" SOS is a relative term. The real old SOS was fairly decent. The SOS of late was/is a farsicle. I hope that the management can see the honor in perhaps allowing us to make use of the site and the forum, because so many very good and well intentioned folks spent a lot of time gathering up material, ideas, and contacts that should be put to use.
                          Point taken, AG. I just meant the current "old" SOS as opposed to the "soon-to-be" SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by LAPhil
                            It's still there.

I just signed in under another handle, it took about three or so tries. I've had that problem over there before for quite a long time, no matter the handle.

Comment

I just got in too, on the first try. Probably just a coincidence.

Comment

I think what we have there is someone trying to cut some ties. If you'll notice, the main page wgere SOS had been previously advertising they were a california corp, and a 501c3 are now redirected to the forum only. If there's a thought to separate them for some private gain, I think that someone has not thought this through, or gauged my willingness to be thorough. I guess we'll see soon enough

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎