No announcement yet.

Grand Finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Finale

In the Spirit of the Fourth of July, here is a short clip of the fireworks grand finale I took several years ago in Oregon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhddT64ztcA"]YouTube - Grand finale[/ame]

There is a firework show near me every year, this year they had a c-17 fly-over during the event. The plane flew over several events throughout the county. We live on a hill, so when the plane headed our way it was coming straight towards us.... this HUGE loud lumbering c-17 seemed to be flying low right up our street, then to slowly make a turn just before going over the house. That was SOOOOOO cool! Talk about blocking out the sun!

Comment

No thanks Blu,

We live just a hop, skip, and a jump from what used to be Mather AFB, and some years ago, one of those big lumbering beasts fell from the sky during a TOAL drill. Some people died, and some horses were burned too. Then, more recently, a big package delivery jet crashed on take-off from there too with more death and destruction. I remember feeling like you prior to seeing these pretty close, and now I'm cured of it.
      I'll stick with fireworks now

Comment

Sure bad things happen but it's still safer in the sky than on the road. I've just always been fascinated with air planes (my pops was a pilot).

Some idiots went on a flag burning spree and burned 5 American flags that were posted on private homes on the 4th of July. They haven't caught the suspects.....yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BluHaven
          Sure bad things happen but it's still safer in the sky than on the road. .
          Yes Ma'am; They are safer in the sky. It's when the planes hit the road that they aren't so safe.

Comment

The finale was really interesting.

Online movies

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍