No announcement yet.

Doris Matsui's Detachment From Constituents

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doris Matsui's Detachment From Constituents

How many of you feel that Doris Matsui represents you in Congress adequately?
    My personal opinion of late is that Ms. Matsui has abandoned the general constituency and snuggled up to the big money and special interest cliques that have plagued Washington politics for decades. One observation that seems clear to me is that Sacramento is on the verge of a Matsui Dynasty just in relation to the time the family has served in congress. But that aside, the more prominent point is that none of her general constituency have the same access to Doris as do the special interests, political cliques, and big money donors. Just for a quick example, how many times has Doris notified the general constituency and hels a meeting with them about issues? I remember none. She has arranged a plethora of them that are not advertised to the general public, and that only include a hand picked group or audiences that are solely relative to the photo shoots, awards, and grants pertaining to those meetings or events

.JPG

Name: Small Business Workshop
    Description: Congresswoman Matsui gives welcoming remarks for the Small Business Opportunities Workshop she hosted at Sacramento State. The 200 attendees were able to network with each other, hear from Congresswoman Matsui, and ask questions from federal, state and local agencies about opportunities for competitive grants, financing, and bonds made available through federal programs and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

I have found nothing that suggests she has or will advertise a meeting with the general population of Sacramento, so it seems to me that she only wants the input from certain connected people

Yesterday I recieved and Email reply from Congresswench Matsui about my recent request that she support enforcement of immigration laws. What I received in return was another, in a series of them, canned response that was duplicitive of all the previous ones:

Dear Davi:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about our national immigration process. I appreciate the time you have taken to tell me of your concerns on this important matter.

Immigration policy is one of the most complex issues facing our nation today. If properly utilized, immigration allows us to regulate traffic across our borders, supply a much needed labor pool to meet the demands of growing seasonal businesses, and add to the rich tapestry of culture and tradition that makes America great. As immigration patterns change over time, however, Congress must periodically review our immigration policies to ensure that they meet our evolving needs and address our changing concerns. I believe that it is time for Congress to re-examine several immigration issues, including increasing border security, ensuring that those who want to immigrate legally have sufficient opportunity to do so, and making certain that the rights of American workers are protected.

As you may be aware, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act (H.R. 4321) would provide an opportunity for undocumented individuals to earn citizenship. It would also strengthen ports and border enforcement, and help keep families together. This legislation would also monitor recruitment of workers from abroad through an employment verification system to ensure that American citizens do not lose jobs to exploitable foreign workers.

Promoting responsible immigration reform is important to the many hard-working men and women who wish to immigrate legally, and to the nation as a whole. This is particularly true in California, which is home to more than one-third of the nation's immigrant population. Immigrant labor helps drive the workforce of our economy, and is vital to the success of local businesses. It is therefore critical that we protect the rights of the immigrant population in California and throughout the U.S.

Please be assured that I will continue working with my colleagues to address our immigration process, and I will keep your comments in mind should this legislation come before the House of Representatives for a vote.

Once again, I want to thank you for sharing your concerns about immigration reform. If I can be of further assistance, please no not hesitate to contact my office.

Matsui has become a typical government mouthpiece, and has no inclination to represent anyone in the sacramento area except big business and the ethnic hustlers that profit from immigration in some fashion

Comment

Immigration policy is one of the most complex issues facing our nation today. If properly utilized, immigration allows us to regulate traffic across our borders, supply a much needed labor pool to meet the demands of growing seasonal businesses, and add to the rich tapestry of culture and tradition that makes America great. As immigration patterns change over time, however, Congress must periodically review our immigration policies to ensure that they meet our evolving needs and address our changing concerns. I believe that it is time for Congress to re-examine several immigration issues, including increasing border security, ensuring that those who want to immigrate legally have sufficient opportunity to do so, and making certain that the rights of American workers are protected.

As you may be aware, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act (H.R. 4321) would provide an opportunity for undocumented individuals to earn citizenship. It would also strengthen ports and border enforcement, and help keep families together. This legislation would also monitor recruitment of workers from abroad through an employment verification system to ensure that American citizens do not lose jobs to exploitable foreign workers.

Promoting responsible immigration reform is important to the many hard-working men and women who wish to immigrate legally, and to the nation as a whole. This is particularly true in California, which is home to more than one-third of the nation's immigrant population. Immigrant labor helps drive the workforce of our economy, and is vital to the success of local businesses. It is therefore critical that we protect the rights of the immigrant population in California and throughout the U.S.

Please be assured that I will continue working with my colleagues to address our immigration process, and I will keep your comments in mind should this legislation come before the House of Representatives for a vote.

What is so complex about stopping illegal immigration? Seems simple to me, enforce the border control and follow our immigration lawss.

We do not need any more labor and I am so tired of all the tapestry we already have.

They should 'earn' their citizenship BEFORE arrival in our country. After they are here it is too late, they are then criminals.

Why are they always referred to as 'hard working' ? That is what I and all true Americans have been all our lives.

WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR NEXT ELECTION? I hope it is not Ms Matsui.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎