Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Depot Protest Revival

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't in Sac, but citizens did finally take action, maybe word gets around fast...

Frustrated residents have day laborers at Home Depot arrested
    8:33 AM | May 31, 2009

The issue of day laborers is heating up big time near Rowland Heights. Residents have long complained about laborers loitering near a Home Depot. A few days ago, they took matters into their own hands. They made "citizen's arrests" of 27 day laborers. Legal issues ensued, according to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune:

Officials from several area restaurants have made citizen's arrests on 27 day laborers at the Home Depot on Gale Avenue in Industry, authorities said Thursday.

Officials from businesses near the Home Depot at Gale and Fullerton Road near Rowland Heights recently complained that laborers were urinating in public and harassing customers in the parking lot.

On Tuesday, deputies warned the laborers to stay on public property. Then on Wednesday, citizens acted as witnesses and had 27 men arrested for trespassing by sheriff's deputies, said Lt. John McBride of the sheriff's Industry Station.

Comment

Things have changed at Home depot in Sacramento:

This past weekend I made rounds of known day labor hangouts here, and one of the primary offenders, Home Depot on Florin Road, had ZERO day laborers on their lot on a Saturday. Thinking this was some sort of anomoly, I returned on Monday, and then again today to find ZERO day laborers on the HD parking lot both days. Not only were they not on the HD parking lot, they were not out front on the sidewalk either. There were fewer than 8 in the vicinity total, and those few were in the Jack in the Box parking lot, and well removed from HD property. My interest peaked, I drove on the lot and spoke with a security person, and what I presumed to be an HD employee. They relayed to me that the Day Laborers had moved on. I scoffed at his explanation, and pressed him further, and he simply stated that they were not interested in discussing the particulars of it, but that the DL's were gone. I did thank them, and during the discussion they asked if I was a customer, to which I replied that I was until the day laborers came. The presumed HD employee said, well, they're gone now. I told him I would resume shopping there again.
      Now I'm not totally gullible, so I don't believe that 70 plus day laborers suddenly picked up and moved away from the area after being here for three years or more, but I am one to relish in small victories in my neighborhood regardless of how they happened. In addition, I believe that regardless of possibility that there was some sort of subterfuge by HD that was responsible for the change over there, I believe that they (HD) should be rewarded for the action that is visible. I encourage each of you to call that Home Depot and thank them for doing the right thing for this neighborhoods sake
      (916) 393-9500 ask for the manager or assistant manager

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGG85ohWPW4"]YouTube - Home Depot Grows a Sack II[/ame]

Comment

Sorry to report that HD's recently grown sack has shriveled up some. Day laborers have returned to reclaim their territory once again

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um_1W6DvupY"]YouTube - Home Depot's Sack Shrinks[/ame]

Comment

I am still not buying from HD.

Comment

I'll give HD one thing, but only lately. They are making an attempt to clean up. The videos of late have all showed that they are at least keeping the DL's off their property. At that point, what else can be expected of them. I am going to help them a little. I have a small scale operation to start up over there, and it may play into one of my bigger operations I've been working on. I hope to have some video to show you this weekend

Comment

Bad news,

Yesterday the DL's had pretty much overrun the parking lot at HD when I drove by.

Comment

Here's a quick video from the flier passing at Home Depot in Sac. Went ok there, but the Day laborers near home were a little more problematic. will post videos in the other threads for that tomorrow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHccjpf4Dw"]YouTube - Posting Fliers at Home Depot[/ame]

Comment

Thanks AG. There's just no stopping you. What a great example you set for others.

Comment

Thanks AG. There's just no stopping you. What a great example you set for others.
                    And he still has time to do all this posting. So unlike those who can post but never leave the house.

Comment

Originally posted by kjl
                      I just wanted to be doing something similar while the AA thing was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Rim05
                        And he still has time to do all this posting. So unlike those who can post but never leave the house.
                        The videos are what gobbles into the time these days. Need a new video cam to shorten the time spent on them. Wait 'till you guys see the one from the flier posting at the DLC; They were tearing them down almost as fast as I put them up, and one of them made a point of giving us a good shot of his middle finger. They don't like the goos old American form of petitioning.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎