No announcement yet.

Assemblyman Nava Wants Tax On Oil For Schools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assemblyman Nava Wants Tax On Oil For Schools

Saw an event posted for Pedro Nava at the Capitol, and since I remembered he was the one who made it illegal to carry lead ammo while hunting in California, I thought I'd keep track of his new exploits. This event was a press conference that included the ever present latino/hispanic language preference, and that always catches my eye. Pedro mentions taxes on oil as a way to pay for all the illegals in our broken down school system, and afterwards I had a one on one discussion about what the meaning of taxes were.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4digSMe6blg"]YouTube - Pedro Nava Waxes Tax Increase[/ame]

Where to begin...

As I understand it, "Education" already take the largest chunk out of the California budget, and California "education" is a dismal failure. Something else needs to be changed before more wasted money is thrown at the problem.

Nava thinks we need another tax on oil pumped in California, but I would be willing to bet he is one who opposes oil being pumped in California. It seems he wants it both way. Maybe he needs to make a choice as to what he really desires.

And the taxes will be passed on to Californians, and the oil industry will charge whatever the market will bear. In the year 2000 or 2001, the Shell gas at the Shell gas station across the street from the Shell refinery next to the Shell docks where crude is offloaded in Martinez was at least $.70 a gallon more than Shell gas trucked 6oo miles southeast of Martinez

The best thing would be to tax crude imported into California and run our crude through our refineries. That would put some Californians to work in the oilfields, and those people will be paying California income taxes.

The best thing would be for California to get a gig going which isn't so dependent on construction (I say this having made most of my life's income on some form or another of construction), something but self consuming insane growth.

I have my doubts that our legislators can grasp the concept... they are as out of touch with reality as the California "educational" system.

Comment

Assemblyman Nava and his pro-illegal cohorts should be TAXED to support the illegals!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎