Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citrus Heights Red, White, and Blue Parade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your float STILL has someting advertising Save Our State ??!!!????!!!

WOW....Gilchrist and you must have the same silly gentlemanly genes to still placate that harpy Chelene. I think it's going to be taken by her and her cronies as weakness, but kudos for honorable intentions. I wouldn't have, but hey, I'm just a hick hawhhooooo.
    DISCLAIMER:
    No aggressive matters should be inferred toward anyone here. I hope we are not getting upset for sharing polite opinions here.
    "I really hope we aren't punishing members here for posting their honest opinions. That would be a bad precident to set. *Activists, who routinely point out corruptions outwardly with govt entities, also should be the very first to point out 'inside' org leadership corruptions."

Comment

Originally posted by cowboycode
      Your float STILL has someting advertising Save Our State ??!!!????!!!

WOW....Gilchrist and you must have the same silly gentlemanly genes to still placate that harpy Chelene. I think it's going to be taken by her and her cronies as weakness, but kudos for honorable intentions. I wouldn't have, but hey, I'm just a hick hawhhooooo.
      Well, it happened like this:
      I applied for the parade prior to being declared an enemy of Chelene. The application was accepted after I was ejected by Chelene, so I did the proper thing and contacted Joe Turner. He said he was out of the loop, and that he didn't think SOS was participating, so I sent him back a message that I would change it to the FBIS name. However, the parade managers already had SOS name tags made, and so I just said to hell with it and went as SOS. After all, it's the deed and not the recognition that's important in most cases, eh?
      I don't know whether Chelene saw that as an act of neediness or not, but before too long, I doubt she will be visualizing me as weak

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
        I applied for the parade prior to being declared an enemy of Chelene. The application was accepted after I was ejected by Chelene, so I did the proper thing and contacted Joe Turner. He said he was out of the loop, and that he didn't think SOS was participating, so I sent him back a message that I would change it to the FBIS name. However, the parade managers already had SOS name tags made, and so I just said to hell with it and went as SOS. After all, it's the deed and not the recognition that's important in most cases, eh?
        I don't know whether Chelene saw that as an act of neediness or not, but before too long, I doubt she will be visualizing me as weak
        I agree AG it is the deed and not the recognition that's important. Some people read a lot into everything. And again thank you so much for presenting the anit-illegal opinion to those in Sac.
        I sent the pm2k

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
          UH..OK, not my call but it's your neck in the noose. Different strokes for different folks. I would have gone with FBIS instead so new members don't get confused and matters stay with continuity of the best facts to fight for our movement.
          But, logic asks me to ask you after seeing this scenerio, "What would it take for you to act differently ?" Very respectfully; I mean, to remove any previous attributation of sos mentioned on your FBIS parade float & event and from you advertising them here in the future ? What's the line ? Curious minds want to know what to expect especially with a political campaing season coming on in 2010. It's not a deal breaker to me, but people will talk about this, you know.
          DISCLAIMER:
          No aggressive matters should be inferred toward anyone here. I hope we are not getting upset for sharing polite opinions here.
          "I really hope we aren't punishing members here for posting their honest opinions. That would be a bad precident to set. *Activists, who routinely point out corruptions outwardly with govt entities, also should be the very first to point out 'inside' org leadership corruptions."

Comment

Originally posted by cowboycode
            UH..OK, not my call but it's your neck in the noose. Different strokes for different folks. I would have gone with FBIS instead so new members don't get confused and matters stay with continuity of the best facts to fight for our movement.
            But, logic asks me to ask you after seeing this scenerio, "What would it take for you to act differently ?" Very respectfully; I mean, to remove any previous attributation of sos mentioned on your FBIS parade float & event and from you advertising them here in the future ? What's the line ? Curious minds want to know what to expect especially with a political campaing season coming on in 2010. It's not a deal breaker to me, but people will talk about this, you know.
            In reply to the first part of your post, I thought it was clear that the parade managers had already made up the ID posters and parade positions with the SOS same on them. I couldn't ask them to redo something like that after the fact. That's continuity that counts.
            As for the second part, I'm confused as to your actual question. If it's what I'm thinking, I have not rejected the Save Our State organization. My time there was well spent overall, and it's not the organization or the general membership that I would feel the need to be distant from. The campaign you are referring to is presumably Nightingale for Governor, and that's a seperate issue in many regards. I'm sure there will be many members at SOS that may not take kindly to my being opposed to Chelene's candidacy, but there will likely be many that won't hold a grudge over that as long as I am still fighting the good fight in immigration with the same zeal as before.

Comment

Nice parade, great job.

Comment

Here's the placard they made, and the number:

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡