No announcement yet.

Unlicensed Businesses Campaign

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlicensed Businesses Campaign

So with the illegal vendor focus still engaged, and somewhat successful this far, I am moving into a new arena.
    There are hundreds of unlicensed businesses in the neighborhood. handymen, landscapers, garderners, movers, hauler's, contractors, and lots more. It's not hard to find them, and only a little difficult to ascertain their non compliance status, but I've been working on that, and I think I've found a cure. At issue is unfair competition, and with that goes illegal hiring. I will press forward with my strategy this coming week, and if I can obtain what I want within a few days, I'll let you all in on it and maybe you can do it too in your own areas.

I would appreciate hearing what you find out as far as this goes. Do let us know what you find out and what actions you take. Do you happen to know who the enforcement body is for something like this? I imagine it would be along the lines of the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasRowbottom
      I would appreciate hearing what you find out as far as this goes. Do let us know what you find out and what actions you take. Do you happen to know who the enforcement body is for something like this? I imagine it would be along the lines of the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
      DCA is one tool to use, but there are several others more local and by this point, may have a more vested interest in enforcement. I've made some requests that will provide speedier access to the tools we can use. when I have them, they will be posted here, or on our sister site, PublicDocumentDistributors.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎