Clear All

Tax

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
    You got them from Save Our State?
    yes, but it was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by borderwatch
      yes, but it was a couple of years ago.
      Well, so far what I've been able to find is that SOS had recieved status as 501c3 from the IRS initially back in the early days, but....the trail of filings gets rather fuzzy from that point on. I've found the forms necessary to make requests for documents that will show a trail or not. One to request it from Joe Turner or his designate, and others to request what the IRS is supposed to have.
      The state is another matter though. They have nothing, and it was required. I'm not sure how it will square with the feds if the state filings were never made. both state and federal authorities have a less than thorough manner of disclosure for people wishing to check. You can look at the surface only, unless you are willing to make PRA's or FOIA's. This sets the stage for an easily exploitable ambiguity as far as representation of status.

Comment

Just for the record, I am not out to fry Joe Turner,

For one thing, he may very well have fried himself, and I'm just a messenger. I can summon up several scenarios that could have happened.
        Maybe he was well intentioned from the outset, but unprepared or unwilling to see it through long term. Lots of people are good at starting things, but the field narrows considerably when it comes to finishing or long term committments. Along those lines, maybe he's always been flaky in regards to things of this nature, and then again, maybe he lost control of the situation while trying to hold the cards to close to himself, while still allowing others to act or speak for him. And on that note, we would be remiss for not including and examining the role and actions of the Managing Director, who is now running for governor, Chelene Nightingale. Think of that role; and she displayed that prominently, managing director. Management being the crucial word.

There are many possibilities here, up to and including the one that SOS was begun as a ruse for any one of a few reasons. Monetary, propaganda, personal ambition, etc, but quickly grew into something unintended due to the growing disgust with the lack of coverage the topic was getting anywhere else. You have to gather the facts, and then assemble them to form more credible theories. We could also hope that we get some explanation from the parties involved. That may be a remote one at this point though
        Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 10-11-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I don't believe that SOS was begun as a ruse. The original SOS patriots were in your face activists. When they strayed from that and people could not speak their minds is when it started to go downhill. The reason I joined SOS was because they didn't just talk about something needing to be done. They went out and did it.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx
            I don't believe that SOS was begun as a ruse. The original SOS patriots were in your face activists. When they strayed from that and people could not speak their minds is when it started to go downhill. The reason I joined SOS was because they didn't just talk about something needing to be done. They went out and did it.
            Many of those people are still doing it. Joe's active involvement with SOS ended early on though. I really don't have enough to make determinations, and maybe all we'll ever have is theories. I'm going to keep examining the evidence as it surfaces, but it won't become the prime agenda at all. There will probably arise the need to defend the SOS name as we go forth, and I'd like to prepare for it.

Comment

Congratulations AG! I know Save Our State will be a strong force once again under your management.

Comment

So, I see that you fake patriots, trouble makers and traitors are conspiring to thwart the will of Chelene Nightingale. This is how you pay my candidate back for all her selflessness and sacrifice!?!

Don't think for a minute that your betrayal will go unreported. By the time you finish reading this, Mike and Janet will have been informed of your treachery!

Start counting the seconds and saying your prayers, you Gilchrist/Indymedia/Al Qaeda/Symbianese Liberation Army collaborators, you! Any second now Mike Williams will have an The Organization Formerly Known as Save Our State "Rally Squad" parked on your doorstep giving you holy hell!

Trust me, it's not if, it's only a question of when.
                Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 10-11-2009, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DerailAmnesty.com
                  So, I see that you fake patriots, trouble makers and traitors are conspiring to thwart the will of Chelene Nightingale. This is how you pay my candidate back for all her selflessness and sacrifice!?!.
                  The sacrifice part sounds good. When does the ceremonial event take place?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Patrol
                    Congratulations AG! I know Save Our State will be a strong force once again under your management.
                    And then I hope someone better than I can take it to even further levels. What I don't want to happen is SOS become a one person rule again. Not even mine. Some of the more successful organizations of this type have been those that grow by being inclusive of those that support the stated ideals, but may have differing ideas as to managing the effort. An organization that subjects itself to the will of its' supporters will more effectively serve them, and thus become a more powerful tool overall.
                    Plus, I'll have to worry less about an assassination attempt from within if I provide a less bloody alternative

Comment

All I can say is Hallejuah AG. I basically left the movement because of all the BS and after the last 4th of July said that was it for me. Started to do Tea party stuff instead Couldn't take all the delusions of granduer going on all over the place. Im not working right now A G at least for a while and will try to help you all I can Have experience with the non profit thing as I did that with Let Freedom Ring America years ago.
                      March for America June 14th-16th
                      www.lframerica.com

so many protests, so little time to Save America

Comment

Indeed.
                        http://www.nomoreinvasion.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanPatriot77
                          Indeed.
                          And you sir are a true patriot.

Comment

Originally posted by DARSACRAMENTO
                            All I can say is Hallejuah AG. I basically left the movement because of all the BS and after the last 4th of July said that was it for me. Started to do Tea party stuff instead Couldn't take all the delusions of granduer going on all over the place. Im not working right now A G at least for a while and will try to help you all I can Have experience with the non profit thing as I did that with Let Freedom Ring America years ago.
                            Great to hear from you again my dear. I could always use help and involvement on this. If I'm left to do it alone, it might go to my head, and god knows there's ample room in there for more negative traits.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanPatriot77
                              Indeed.
                              And you sir are a true patriot.
                              I most assuredly was not referring to the general body of SOS activists when I offered that theory. Not that I am ready to place this in the top 5 possible theories, but in examining the evidence, you have to include that which is at your grasp, and one recurring theme in politics is deceit. Look no farther than the Terminator as an example. the powers that be inserted that personna as a ruse to keep control over a situation that had begun to unravel. ie Gray Davis unrest = recall = McClintock or Bustamante in office, neither of which they thought were beneficial to them. So they planted a popular face and propelled it to the top, all the while the agenda has been the same. They are getting water, gun control, spending cuts that hurt us, but not them, illegals staying, and higher taxes on us thus far. The same could be proffered as far as the SOS beginnings. We got a attractive, enigmatic leader who emerged, was propelled to the top unlike many other personnas out there at the time and gathered us all together for a seemingly similar purpose. Then what happened?

Comment

Then what happened?
                                Power and Greed! Look around at all the politicians and you see it in all of them. That is why we cannot elect an honest person. If your head gets too big I will remind you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎