No announcement yet.

State Guard Troops Leave Equipment in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Guard Troops Leave Equipment in Iraq

Saw this on the news the other day, and wondered if this sort of thing is being calculated into the costs of the war. Also wondering who pays for that equipment?
    A grant or budget from the mothership in Washington? or is this another way for the shell game to continue playing against the taxpayer?

The points I gathered from this are that the Guard takes their state equipment with them from here when they are deployed, but come back without it. The current mouthpiece in the state capital is complaining that it will leave us unprepared to fight disasters at home, and with the fire season heating up right now, a reasonable concern. I'm just worried that it's another ploy to support the war in Iraq and help hide the costs within state budgets instead of the central government. I'm expecting another shoe to drop from the state capital soon so everyone can hear the thud on the floor and draw attention to another bond, tax, or budget shuffle that will rob from law enforcement or something to rebuild the kitty for the guard.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎