Bret Daniels Announces Campaign For Sac Sheriff

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bret Daniels Announces Campaign For Sac Sheriff

Deja Vu....

Former Sac County Sheriff's lieutenant Bret Daniels announced his campaign for Sheriff of Sacramento County directly in front of the sheriff's administration building at 7th & G street this morning. A small crowd of supporters, including myself, gathered for a 20 minute public event where Bret conducted a briefing of his intent and solicited for support in his pursuit of the office that John McGuiness is now occupying. McGuiness is claiming retirement as his reason for not running for office again, and had already endorsed another Sheriff's deputy, Scott Jones, in the race. McGuiness and Daniels have been at odds in the past, with McGuiness presiding over Daniels dismissal from the Sheriff's department many years ago, in what also may have been political posturing for his intent to run for Sheriff shortly after. McGuiness also issued a statement by using automated telephone dialers against Daniels during his run for Citrus Heights City Council.
    Personally, I'm happy to see another candidate in this race, because it seems like Sac county has seen one sheriff after another who was groomed for the job by their predecessor. I don't have much love for McGuiness on several fronts, with the main one being his support for the day labor center, and the day laborers for that matter. In addition, his department has suffered the loss of two deputies in very recent years, one of which was killed near the day loitering area, and just a few blocks from my family home, yet there's been no real crackdown on what brought the killer there in the first place.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎