No announcement yet.

Give Lungren hell at Town Hall meeting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Lungren hell at Town Hall meeting

I spent almost 90 minutes today on the phone discussing Dan Lungren's newest immigration legislation (HR 2413) with his immigration aide. It has three main components: an amnesty, ag guestworker program, and workplace verification program. He refuses to call it an amnesty because it does not lead to citizenship like the McKennedy bill. This is just silly (but useful for convincing the ignorant out there) and I used the analogy of offering illegals a cake without the icing of citizenship -- it is still a reward for breaking our laws! The guestworker program has an incentive for returning to their home country after 10 months which will create a massive, fraud-ridden bureaucracy while contributing to ever more illegals here like the ones before it. I don't have enough information yet on evaluating the workplace verification -- he is proposing to expand a particular pilot project but I was pointing out that the govt has already spent the last ten years developing the EEV program that seems to be working well in all the pilot centers, so why reinvent the wheel??? Ha, maybe just to delay the verification process!

Am waiting for more expert info to develop a flyer for Lungren's next Town Hall meeting in Rancho Cordova on Mon., June 4th at 7pm. Can anyone else come to help pass out my flyer and/or speak up??? Sue

Hello Sooz!,

Glad to see you here. Where is this town hall located at exactly? Lundgren is not my rep, but then nobody seems to be these days. If it's not in a bad area of Rancho Cordova, and Lundgren doesn't mind out of district attackers then I'd be honored to lob insults at him with you.

Can I bring my sign?

Comment

Lungren Town Hall Meeting

That's great -- we need a presence. I was hoping to draw some people from the Hold Their Feet to the Fire event at the Capitol earlier that day. Do you know of anyone who is going to that too (besides me)? I will try to pass out a flyer there too.

Monday June 4 7:00pm-8:30pm Rancho Cordova City Hall American River Room 2729 Prospect Park Drive Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. Take the Zinfandel exit going east, turn left on White Rock and then left on Prospect Park Drive. I've learned to get to the site at least a 30-40 min early to get a seat up front so there's more likelihood of getting picked for a question. You come 5 min. before it starts and you are so far in the back he can't hardly see you.

BTW, Lungren will take advantage of your signs and say that his legislation is nothing like a "comprehensive amnesty program" so I'm not sure they will help him or us, the clever devil. Sue

Comment

Is there a place to park the sign trailer?
        I don't necessarily have to be inside to confront him or ask questions. If one of us does that and the other stays outside to man the sign and pass out fliers that might be more efficient

Comment

Have no idea about parking -- have never been to that location before. They usually choose locations that have lots of parking, though, because they get at least 150-200 people.

BTW, did my friend Alexander ever get ahold of you to do a radio program? I haven't heard from him in ages and should give him a call to see if he will be covering the Hold Their Feet to the Fire event.

I will try to get a plug in on the Phil Cowan show on KSTE 650 AM from 10-noon for either event if he talks about immigration. They always let me on as the local immigration "expert". Actually, I was rather proud of myself yesterday after debating Lungren's aide who goes to all the House Immigration Sub-Committee meetings and helps write his legislation -- we were pretty well matched, which was probably one reason why he spent 90 minutes with just one constituent. Sue

Comment

They always let me on as the local immigration "expert". Actually, I was rather proud of myself yesterday after debating Lungren's aide who goes to all the House Immigration Sub-Committee meetings and helps write his legislation -- we were pretty well matched, which was probably one reason why he spent 90 minutes with just one constituent. Sue
            Just the same, check your purse. Anyone connected to the congress has shown a propensity for picking taxpayer pockets while you are distracted by something else.

I'll scope out the parking tonight. I live kinda close by

Comment

Looks like the only parking is inside the parking lot. I guess I'll have to get there early

Comment

I got an announcement on the Phil Cowan (KSTE) show this morning and he got so fired up he promises to attend the meeting too!!! I also got ahold of the CAPS representative for No. Calif (Rick Oltman) and he will be helping us to get some of the "Hold Their Feet to the Fire" folks to attend too. This morning I drafted a recruitment flyer for that group and then I will do a more simplified version for the Town Hall meeting. Sue

Comment

Do you know anything about this feet to the fire event?
                  I signed up for the team, but I have heard zero since then

Comment

Lundren and Feet to Fire

Yes, haven't you gotten the notices from CAPS (assuming you are a member)? Talked to Rick Oltman today who is one of the coordinators. You can email him at rickoltman@comcast.net. I also used volunteered a while back but never heard from them but I'm sure Rick can help. I thought they were going to have a rally but it seems to be exclusively visiting the state legislators offices to campaign for or against four bills. Just got off the phone with him -- he is expecting to hear from you. BTW, his phone number is in the 415 area code so not so far away for future help. Sue

Comment

Success!!!

I think we really made an impact at the Lungren Town Hall meeting. Davi got his big sign up, my flyers distributed and I got a chance to ask Lungren in front of the audience why he tries to pass off his amnesty as something other than that. The crowd was 90% on our side and anxious to talk about immigration. Got to meet talk show host Phil Cowan who devoted his entire program this morning to reviewing the meeting and taking calls (all on our side). Hopefully he will mention it tonight when he is on KCRA TV at 6:30pm. Unfortunately Channel 10 portrayed it as an anti-war meeting. Sue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎