Sac City Takes Aim at Guns

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sac City Takes Aim at Guns

Sacramento City Council
    Sacramento is looking to toughen its gun control laws with two new ordinances.

The Sacramento Police Department is recommending that the city require dealers to maintain ammunition sales logs. Also, gun owners would be required to report the theft or loss of a firearm.

The council will consider the ordinances at its 6 p.m. meeting Thursday at City Hall, 915 I St.
    http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/309666.html

Aim

Why don't they take aim at the illegal immigration in their own backyard?

Comment

The national agenda of regulating the law abiding gun owners is simply being imitated by local governments. Unfortunately, making new rules on the law-abiding has not, nor shall it ever change the behavior of criminals.

Legislation has been forwarded to 'microstamp' expended ammunition cases, identifying the firearm which it was fired from, and to require a permit to purchase ammunition, to lay taxes on ammuntion... none of these things do anything to reduce gun crime in any way- instead, they only make it more difficult for someone who arms themselves for self-defense to own and maintain a weapon.

You will note as well, the media tells us what it is we should be worried about...

1) Iraq war failures.
      2) Celebrity DUI/rehabilitation.
      3) Random mass shootings.
      4) The economy.
      5) Deteriorating infrastructure.
      6) Capitol hill conflict.
      7) Identity theft.
      8) Racism.
      9) Police impropriety.
      10) Internet predators.

The media works overtime in managing public opinion in favor of more gun control- but is completely absent on border control...

The only way for 'immigration' or 'border security' to break the top ten listed here is for immigration or border security to be directly tied to any of those top ten topics.

Now why would that be?
      Enjoy Freedom? Get off your ass and do something to preserve it then.

Calguns.net OpenCarry.org
      ronpaul2008.com
      constitutionparty.com

Comment

Sorry to report that this measure passed....well of course it did, and takes effect within 30 days.

I'd like to counter this somehow. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
          Sorry to report that this measure passed....well of course it did, and takes effect within 30 days.

I'd like to counter this somehow. Any ideas?
          Take it to court as unconstitutional??? After all, they ARE going after your second admendment rights

Or just move to Arizona and openly carry

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Patriot
            Take it to court as unconstitutional??? After all, they ARE going after your second admendment rights

Or just move to Arizona and openly carry
            You dont need to move to Arizona to openly carry. It is already possible and lawful in California.

ronpaul2008.com
            constitutionparty.com

Comment

looks like there's others...

ronpaul2008.com
              constitutionparty.com

Comment

Does not mean the cops cant make your life miserable if they really want to if they see you openly carrying

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Patriot
                  Does not mean the cops cant make your life miserable if they really want to if they see you openly carrying
                  My intial contact with police was less than ten minutes. I wasnt all that miserable, so I will be doing it again.

ronpaul2008.com
                  constitutionparty.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍