Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Internet Lynchings of Activists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't on the SOS board for months. I just happened to check into ALIPAC one night and read that IG had been banned. I checked into SOS trying to find out what was going on but I couldn't find info. I thought wen Dennis was banned that something was wrong. Then when I found out that Sam had been banned then I knew that something was definately amiss. So, I didn't have the inclination to really keep up with things at SOS because it seemed like things were going downhill. I didn't see alot of the original people.

What happened to Old Preach?

Something else that I would really like to know is can the owner read Private Messages on VBulletin sites? I've wondered about this and would really like to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jinx
      What happened to Old Preach?

Something else that I would really like to know is can the owner read Private Messages on VBulletin sites? I've wondered about this and would really like to know.
      I don't know what became of OP. I tried to contact him a few times, and was rebuffed, so I gave up

And yes, there is a forum add on you can add to your vbulletin software that enables the reading of PM's. It was installed here, but never worked. I think it is not compatible with this version of Vbulletin because the modification is newer. There are also modifications you can add on to newer versions of Vbulletin that actually enable an administrative person to log on to anyone else's acount just as if they were that user and read everything and anything.
      In addition, a savvy administrator can just go into the forum database with a PHP program and read anything in that database, although that may be a bit more time consuming.
      Feeling violated yet

Comment

• Thank you. Another forum that I belong to had that question come up several years ago because it was suspected that the owner was reading PM's due to some things that were said on the open board but he denied it. The guy is very knowledgeable about VBulletin so it was good to finally get an answer to this.

So, in other words, the administrator of SOS can read our PM's?

Comment

Thank you. Another forum that I belong to had that question come up several years ago because it was suspected that the owner was reading PM's due to some things that were said on the open board but he denied it. The guy is very knowledgeable about VBulletin so it was good to finally get an answer to this.

So, in other words, the administrator of SOS can read our PM's?
          Under the circumstances I mentioned, yes. I have read many administrators comments on this, and some are steadfastly against it, and won't add the program. Others find it a necessary component of management, not neccessarily related to personal views. For instance, we had a spammer here using the pm system as a marketing tool. if that add on worked here, I could have conceivably used to look into what was going on. As it were, i just ended up getting a pm from them myself, so that coupled with a few complaints from others brought about the same result as if i had looked into their pm folder.

Comment

• I knew that the admin could see how people voted in "polls" and I think that's bad enough, but to read PM's is dispicible(spelling???). I'm glad you aren't using that software.

Comment

I knew that the admin could see how people voted in "polls" and I think that's bad enough, but to read PM's is dispicible(spelling???). I'm glad you aren't using that software.
              I'm a halfway decent investigative type person, so I've been able to get by without it. Besides; I don't need to find out if people are talking shit about me in private. I'd rather be blissfully ignorant and think everyone loves me.

Comment

• OP sold his home and moved to AL to get away from LA. I have his email address but I am not sure it does not go thru SOS so I stopped emailing him. PD told me one time that he did not answer that mail. I have had other emails from him that I do believe was his own. I did hear from him last Dec I think it was.
                While we are talking about bad people over 'there' I do want to say PD always treated me with respect and that is why you have never seen a word against her from me. I will never treat a person less than they have treated me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rim05
                  OP sold his home and moved to AL to get away from LA. I have his email address but I am not sure it does not go thru SOS so I stopped emailing him. PD told me one time that he did not answer that mail. I have had other emails from him that I do believe was his own. I did hear from him last Dec I think it was.
                  While we are talking about bad people over 'there' I do want to say PD always treated me with respect and that is why you have never seen a word against her from me. I will never treat a person less than they have treated me.
                  If you get a chance could you email him and see what he's up to? What I mean is he actively still protesting or whatever. I'm moving to SC so I won't be too far from him so if he is still active maybe I can participate in something he might have going on. I can PM you my email to give to him if you hear from him.

Comment

If you get a chance could you email him and see what he's up to? What I mean is he actively still protesting or whatever. I'm moving to SC so I won't be too far from him so if he is still active maybe I can participate in something he might have going on. I can PM you my email to give to him if you hear from him.
                    Here's a link to someplace to find him. It's his old youtube account, but I see that he checks it daily.
                    The more counterfeits, the more credence to the existence of a genuine. The Faith of JESUS is the genuine article. Accept no counterfeits. ONE LORD ONE FAITH https://onefaith.neocities.org/

I left a comment, tried to sign up as a friend, and sent him a message. all three were either erased or ignored, so it's obvious he doesn't want to talk to me, and maybe he doesn't want to hear from any of us. You could always try though.

Comment

• I don't see a place to send him a message.

Comment

I don't see a place to send him a message.
                        You might have to sign up with an account of your own first

Comment

• I am signed up.

Comment

I am signed up.
                            At the bottom, there is a "post comment" window. also, you can send him a friend request

Comment

• Thanks. I did the friend thing. I'll see how that goes.

Comment

• Jinx, if you hear from I would like to be sure I do have his correct email. He is the one along with WatchDog, that I learned the rules of protesting with. I do believe he left the Illegal bit for his family. You do know he has '8' children. I met the entire family at a Ron Paul rally one time. If you find him send the email in a PM to me, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎