No announcement yet.

Prostitutes Join North Highlands Business Community

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostitutes Join North Highlands Business Community

No, it's true. They're bartering services openly in the area. I've seen them, and wondered how long before they were given a community center to work from just like the Day Laborers in my area. It's not any different. What they're both doing is violating state and local codes, and it's all just another point that shows Sacramento's law enforcement doesn't give a real damn about where the incubators for crime are.

In the meantime, residents are trying to "clean up" the neighborhood. Some yell out of windows at the parked cars in front of their homes. Some have installed pole lights that turn on whenever a car is parked near their property.

Talley said she carries a huge flashlight with her while driving in the neighborhood. Whenever she spots a suspicious car parked in a dark corner, she turns on her car's high beams and shines the flashlight on the occupants.

"This indignation rises up in you," Talley said. "You want to drive them out of the neighborhood."
    Good luck to you Linda Talley. My efforts so far have earned me some of the worst scorn by neighborhood pests that can be dished out.

Well, after all it is the worlds oldest profession.

I believe it's all cleaned up now, but there use to be a lot of hooking and drug dealing in front of an old motel on C street in Victorville.

One day in the early 90's I was driving past it from Hesperia road to fuel up at the station at C and 7th.

There were several provocatively dressed women in front of the motel who looked a little too wholesome and didn't quite act in character. There were also three or so unusually fit, clean looking young men loitering on the other side of the street.

As I drove past the motel, I looked up the passageway and saw the handcuffed pimp sitting on a five gallon bucket with a uniformed officer standing over him.

I pulled into the station and proceeded to fill up. All of a sudden I heard yelling and wheels screeching and turned to see to see a van peeling away from the motel. The guys from across the street were chasing the van on foot with pistols drawn and yelling at the van as it blew the stop sign and continued west.

I have no idea if the guy was apprehended, the guys on foot certainly didn't get him.

I think the way they cleaned up a lot of the mess was by cracking down hard on the local drug trade (which included hookers by way of extension) and publishing the full names of busted johns in the paper.
    Last edited by ilbegone; 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Since so many are out of work I thought they would not have so much money to pay the ladies.

Comment

There are priorities, you know.

Comment

I'd rather have prostitutes than illegal aliens.

Comment

Say it isn't so, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.56 guy
              I'd rather have prostitutes than illegal aliens.
              You often get both in one

Comment

Leave it to AG.

Comment

I pulled into the station and proceeded to fill up. All of a sudden I heard yelling and wheels screeching and turned to see to see a van peeling away from the motel. The guys from across the street were chasing the van on foot with pistols drawn and yelling at the van as it blew the stop sign and continued west.

I have no idea if the guy was apprehended, the guys on foot certainly didn't get him.

Fortunately, they didn't. That was really a close call. I was lucky to get out of there.

Comment

Dealer plates and a ski mask?

Comment

Originally posted by ilbegone
                      Dealer plates and a ski mask?

Cash bribe and threat of a lawsuit for discriminating against my alternative lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎