No announcement yet.

Smokers Find Refuge

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayatollah,

did you set up your lawn chair next to the knot hole in the fence yet and fire up the seegars yet?

Comment

Can't afford a decent stogie right now, and I ain't up to a cheap one

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
        Can't afford a decent stogie right now, and I ain't up to a cheap one
        What constitutes a "decent" cigar? I have smoked a few cigars such as some billed as "Honduran handrolled" which sold for about $4.50 in the late eighties, but most of my experience is from the real cheap nasty ones I purchased specifically for "fighting fire with fire" with the obnoxious variety of cigarette smokers.

Comment

A good cigar is one that has tobacco that was properly kept, such as humidity, temperature, and no preservatives or insecticides. It's also not terribly old, or purchased from stocks of tobacco that ended up sold on the aftermarket because the crop was affected by weather or other factors. A cigar that has dried up is harsh and leaves a burning aftertaste, and burns hotter and faster when you smoke it.

Comment

Front page on today's newspaper:

Janet Hook Chicago Tribune

TOUGH RULES NEAR ON TOBACCO

CONGRESS:A measure is expected to go to Obama today giving the FDA sweeping new regulatory authority.

A quote:

"Joe Camel has been sentenced and put away forever," said Sen. Dick Durbin, D.Ill...

It's a large article. Tobacco companies and politicians from tobacco producing states "bitterly" opposed the bill.

"The FDA could require labels that include graphic elements... that cover up to 50% of the front and rear panels of tobacco products"

Think they will show an autopsy picture of butterflied lungs taken from a deceased emphysema ridden COPD sufferer?

Comment

No, they'll probably require a picture of Obama on there so they can really reap the benefits of government sponsored propaganda

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎