No announcement yet.

CA Unemployment Fund to be $18 Billion in Deficit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Unemployment Fund to be $18 Billion in Deficit

Businesses need to be prepared for one of the largest payroll tax increases in history.

As California businesses are trying to dig out of the government caused fiscal meltdown, government is about to raise taxes on businesses by $18 billion. This will cover the deficit in the unemployment insurance fund. So, by paying for unemployment insurance California guarantees that the State stay in recession and the jobless numbers go up.

Only in California can government destroy jobs by helping the jobless.

More...

If I remember right, the California unemployment check says right on it that the beneficiary is certifying that he is legally entitled to work in the United States by his signature.

Otherwise he's not legally entitled to the check.

Comment

Originally posted by ilbegone
      If I remember right, the California unemployment check says right on it that the beneficiary is certifying that he is legally entitled to work in the United States by his signature.

Otherwise he's not legally entitled to the check.
      I haven't been eligible for benefits for decades, but I think it used to say that I was ABLE to work during that period.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola
        I haven't been eligible for benefits for decades, but I think it used to say that I was ABLE to work during that period.
        Legally entitled to work in the United States is the approximate wording.

Comment

I went to look for a photocopy of an unemployment check, can't find it.

I photocopy the checks from my employers, thought I had a copy of an unemployment check. I have the stub for it.

Comment

The wording on the EDD Continued Claim form is as follows:

I understand the questions on this form. I know the law provides penalties if I make false statements or withhold facts to recieve benefits: my answers are true and correct. I declare under penalty of perjury that I am a US citizen or national, or an alien in satisfactory immigration status and permitted to work byUSCIS. I signed this form after the latest date for which I am claiming benefits
            Last edited by ilbegone; 09-16-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Well, here's something then. somewhere on here or at SOS, there's a thread I started to show that Arnold had extended UI to illegals in the ag industry here. So how does this square up with your post. Is there a different form the illegals fill out, or did Arnold willingly encourage them to sign falsely? I'd sure like to follow up on that

Comment

It's not checked.

California EDD went to an automated system and cut down on staff.

E-Verify would work, but the yahoos in Sacramento would squelch it.

I just had a thought:

It's a five year felony offense to aid and abet illegal aliens. By using their legislative office to aid illegal aliens in evading immigration law, wouldn't they be subject to that penalty?

How about the sanctuary cities and such?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎