Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gavin Newsom Changes Practice Of Notifying Public When Appointees Are Non-Citizens

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin Newsom Changes Practice Of Notifying Public When Appointees Are Non-Citizens

For many years, decades actually, the governors of california have notified the public as to the party preference all gubernatorial appointees. A short biography is included, usually age, education, past service, and then compensation, followed by which party the appointee was registered to vote as. When appointees were non-citizens, the governors would just include a sentence indicating the appointee was not registered to vote. This was a polite way of saying non-citizen. This occurs when an appointee is too young to register also. Governor Newsom has apparently decided to let the public figure this out on their own. This is a bit of a change in procedure, and while I'm checking into whether there is any required structure in these press releases for such, I have sent a request for clarification on this latest appointee. It makes little sense to require party affiliation in the publication but exclude those who are non-citizens. Color me suspicious where Newsom is concerned. I don't inherently distrust non-citizens, nor their roles in public service. I do not trust this governor though, and I might remind everyone that in order to work for any government agency within this state, city, county, or what have you, you must affirm the oath of allegiance; except if you are a non-citizen. How about that; you must subscribe an oath to work for a government agency, but a non-citizen does not. Can't hold them to an oath they didn't take, eh?

"
    Alana G. Troutt, 52, of Carmichael, has been appointed Deputy Secretary for External Affairs at the California Government Operations Agency. Troutt has served as a Special Consultant at the Government Operations Agency since 2019. She was Policy Director at the Office of Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer from 2015 to 2019. Troutt was a Senior Consultant at the Office of Senator Holly Mitchell from 2013 to 2015 and at the Office of Senator Curren Price from 2012 to 2013. Troutt was Principal at the Troutt Group LLC from 2007 to 2012. She was Executive Vice President at VoicePlate LLC from 2010 to 2012. Troutt was a Principal Consultant at the Office of Assemblymember Mervyn Dymally from 2004 to 2006. She was Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Turning Point Communications from 2001 to 2004. Troutt was an Adjunct Professor at the Universidad Metropolitana from 2000 to 2001. She was an Elementary School Teacher for the Trinidad & Tobago Ministry of Education from 1988 to 1996. Troutt is treasurer of the Rio Americano High School PTSA and a board member at Healthy African American Families. Troutt earned a Master of Business Administration degree in accounting from Universidad Metropolitana. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $151,728.
    "
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎